Dave

What If Screenshot Thread.......

Gepard's Bottle Green Draken in East German Air Force Markings

Drakken1.jpg

• Like 1

Desert thunder......................

post-841-0-36011400-1387225584_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I can check where its mapped on tga and let you know ,unless someone beats me to it..

ok...

you need to open canopy.tga in skin folder and paint area on that trial and error...as original f4`s of TW had small tga .and it was assigned to glass but not mapped flat ...as we would say a wing.....this one is larger so try painting areas until you get bit you want...if you cant do it...I can export the F4E rear canopy mapped (as I do for all my models) and you can use that via fakepilot,after removing original rear canopy..

post-1981-0-03415400-1387238145_thumb.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

russouk2004,

Can't seem to find  canopy.tga file with this skin set.  I don't also seem to have any templates for the F-4.  Guess I missed something somewhere.

If you can export it I'd be grateful.  This thing should look wicked with the back window painted. 

Thanks for anything you can do.

Geary

it references the stock one, which is in a cat file.

best way would be with a 'fake pilot', and an piece that replaces the exact size of the rear canopy mesh

I did a similar thing a while back, got rid of the canopy class & remapped the rear canopy frame.........

post-841-0-66101700-1387311222_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

RCAFCF-103A01_zpsef7ed059.jpg

Republic-Canadair CF-103A Thunderbird - 425th Fighter Squadron, "Alouette", Royal Canadian Air Force, 1965

Edited by Spinners
  • Like 1

RAFTHUNDERCEPTORF1A03_zpscd745d71.jpg

Republic Thunderceptor F.1A - No.111 'Treble One' Squadron, RAF Fighter Command, 1956

• Like 2

'Look Ma ... No Back Seat!'

F-4CanopyCovered-1.jpg

Thanks to russouk2004 for his little black square and cryptic instructions about a fake pilot.  Only took me three days to figure it out.  Now I have to figure out how to get the little square bugger I painted to look more like the plane's skin.

Thanks also to Sundowner for letting me see single seat F-4M 2000.   It only took me two days to figure out I had no idea how he did it.  (But I'm guessing it's some of that lod magic.)

Now, if I can only get rid of those little triangular side windows ...

MAFA-10CTHUNDERBOLT02_zps630d8a6f.jpg

Fairchild A-10M Thunderbolt II - Royal Moroccan Air Force

• Like 5

leave the windows Geary.  part of the Phantoms magic was all the evolutionary rather than revoloutionary change.  McAir had studies in for single seaters, but most of the changes were minor so they would keep rolling off the assembly lines. i think as is would be perfect for a what if single seater

Now I have to figure out how to get the little square bugger I painted to look more like the plane's skin

copy and paste the area of paint on the canopy area of the skin and paste into the patch I gave you...I think I didnt add the specular,glossines etc values to the glass,to same as fuselage...will do it for you again..

leave the windows Geary.  part of the Phantoms magic was all the evolutionary rather than revoloutionary change.  McAir had studies in for single seaters, but most of the changes were minor so they would keep rolling off the assembly lines. i think as is would be perfect for a what if single seater

DA,

I'll leave the small triangular windows simply because I don't know how to cover them.  But personal opinion is that it will look better without them. As is, they're useless unless you just want to peek into the back seat area.  Also, as is, Wrench set up the F-110 Wraith as a sort or single seat interceptor, fighter.  No air-to-ground missions.  The back seat has the avionics hump/pod he made for this plane.

copy and paste the area of paint on the canopy area of the skin and paste into the patch I gave you...I think I didnt add the specular,glossines etc values to the glass,to same as fuselage...will do it for you again..

russouk2004,

You make it sound so easy.  I tried the copy the canopy piece of skin over the black square trick.  Couldn't get the size right, so never looked right.  But I'll keep trying.  Was just glad to get the cover on.  Thanks for the help.  Looking forward to the piece with the shine on it.

MAFA-10CTHUNDERBOLT02_zps630d8a6f.jpg

Fairchild A-10M Thunderbolt II - Royal Moroccan Air Force

That would make spanish tank commanders a bit weary.
  • Like 1

Cocas' Sexy BAE Javelin FGR.1 in USAF Markings

Cocas' Javelin -1.jpg

Cocas' Javelin -2.jpg

Cocas' Javelin -3.jpg

Thanks for the clickable PSD template.

• Like 2

USN A-7E FN-1.jpg

(Painted using Wrench's TW A-7 Template.)

glad to help Geary

Xmas Operation day two

pending aproval

for templets go know on FLOGGER23´s door