Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Ok Let's Start A Virtual "NATO"

i think the water bmp is hosed .... maybe we can talk brain32 or ??? into doing a better one. everyone I do, dont work; even using brain32 color pallete act

Got it!

Your BMP is 8 bits but the palette had only 111 colors :blink:

Opened up ISRAEL_WATER and pasted yours on top, changed the sea color to stock value and it worked..

Edited by PureBlue

:worship:

We need to get all these mods together in one download. Then we can continue this.

We need to get all these mods together in one download. Then we can continue this.

If you need help with intell briefs I will be happy to provide...

still working on terrain and targeting updates....AND it seems something in last several patchs has broken the 'emplaced' destroyed models (aircraft), as I'd built a nice junkyard at Baghdad Intl, and they ain't showing up.

retiled/added the marshes/lake west of Basra; fixed Falika island, added iranin offshore rigs. just need to find the kuwaiti, saudi, and iraqi ones. GE is failing me!!

Since the 129 ERQS is a basicly a support/sar/helo non combat unit I'm going to bring in 1 Squadron RAAF with Super Hornets once the Emergency Action Message Thread is unlocked, so you dont have to keep track of the 129 ERQS I'll just use it for extra stories etc :drinks:

Alright guys, to keep this thing manageable, please check the table below for your information.

For simplicity, those that have declared more than one Squadron, consolidate them under one Force Name/Banner.

And please no more than 2 types of aircraft, for current partipants. Newcomers should only declare 1 type of aircraft.

This only applies to aircraft we'll keep track of. For fun and screenshots, you can fly other transport/sar/helo/etc. types and base your stories on them, but we will NOT keep record of them.

I'm yet to fill in the Roles, will check the "Emergy Action Messages" thread for this info, so if you haven't given your Roles, please do via PM or this forum.

Please point out any errors and changes you want ASAP. I got a feeling things might get hot soon! Have fun!

Edited by dtmdragon

Would you like us to upload any mods that we want to use with op Darius here so you can include them all?

Edited by dtmdragon

remember folks ... use ONLY mods/addons that are freely available here at CA. Keeps things nice and tight, and readily accessable to all End Users ™

as promised, and forgotten due to (re)working the terrain, the Iranian Hercs (based off Dels' C-130H, nationalized -but userlist included so a simple data ini edit returns to USAF -although years may need adjusting- and other skins added)

=============

Also, had a thought last night, while retargeting.

Would/Is there an interest in making this a completly 'new' seperate terrain, that does not conflict or replace the existing 1980s version I did. Similar to the "CubaOTC", where it's different from the "cuba' terrain

Basiclly, it's a very simple matter of renaming the IR folder, a few inis, the HFD & TFD so it would become "IR2003". Nothing else would really change.

If warranted, I can do this for the next update.

Thoughts?

Edited by Wrench

I don't care either way to be honest with you.

as promised, and forgotten due to (re)working the terrain, the Iranian Hercs (based off Dels' C-130H, nationalized -but userlist included so a simple data ini edit returns to USAF -although years may need adjusting- and other skins added)

=============

Also, had a thought last night, while retargeting.

Would/Is there an interest in making this a completly 'new' seperate terrain, that does not conflict or replace the existing 1980s version I did. Similar to the "CubaOTC", where it's different from the "cuba' terrain

Basiclly, it's a very simple matter of renaming the IR folder, a few inis, the HFD & TFD so it would become "IR2003". Nothing else would really change.

If warranted, I can do this for the next update.

Thoughts?

Since this is a relatively small group of people flying this campaign, it doesn't matter much if you rework it. We all know how to tweak the options.ini file to make it 2003-current. But if you think you've done enough editing to warrant the rename, by all means. You're the terrain man.

Thanks Kevin!

Jeff

"terrainman"

yup, yup, I'm a good terraformer.

:rofl:

definatelly; too many 'modernazations' to not create it new. I'll give instrutions for those that don't know how when I post the update. Still a few tweeks ...

btw, there's a MAJOR lod fault with TKs Leo5 tanks ... has GYNOMOUS tractor shadow issues, so they're being switched to something else. Pity; I did a partial reskin to a desert mottle camo...

Torn between Canada and USAF... gonna have to go USAF for now.

Tsk tsk....USAF..

Only been years since I posted in here. Watched this develop. Good effort and looking forward to see more.

Tsk tsk....USAF..

Only been years since I posted in here. Watched this develop. Good effort and looking forward to see more.

We need some Canadians my friend.

ok some decals doing my f****** head in...one minute they show next they wont...

heres what ive got

numbers of decals are: GERNO000 to GERNO009

numbers of the above in the lst file are:

29+11

29+12

29+14

29+15

29+16

29+17

29+18

29+19

29+20

29+21

I added this to the texture ini entries.

[TextureSet]

Name=JG 73 "Steinhoff"

Nation=WGermany

Specular=0.200000

Glossiness=0.700000

Reflection=0.000000

DecalNumberRandomize=TRUE

DecalNumberBlockSize=10

DecalNumberStart=11

DecalNumberEnd=21

heres the decal entries for the ef2000 i have.

[Decal005]

MeshName=fuselage

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=GAF Typhoon/GERNO

Position=1.3,0.40

Rotation=1.0

Scale=1.7

DecalMaxLOD=2

[Decal006]

MeshName=fuselage

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=GAF Typhoon/GERNO

Position=1.3,0.40

Rotation=-1.0

Scale=1.7

DecalMaxLOD=2

Ive tried DecalMaxLOD=2 to DecalMaxLod=4

and still it screws up

sometimes a\c are ok from the 1st a\c to 3rd or fourth,then rest show blank

max numcer of a\c ive encountered in all missions is 8 x a\c so it isnt a shortage of decals.

im stumped been 2 hours at this now im pissed off lol...

Heeeeeeeeeelp plz lol

just a thought...im sure it doesnt affect the decals not having the number 29+13 ?

Edited by russouk2004

ok some decals doing my f****** head in...one minute they show next they wont...

Try this:

DecalNumberStart=0

DecalNumberEnd=9

I believe this should encircle the ending numbers of the TGA files?

heres what ive got

numbers of decals are: GERNO000 to GERNO009

numbers of the above in the lst file are:

29+11

29+12

29+14

29+15

29+16

29+17

29+18

29+19

29+20

29+21

I added this to the texture ini entries.

[TextureSet]

Name=JG 73 "Steinhoff"

Nation=WGermany

Specular=0.200000

Glossiness=0.700000

Reflection=0.000000

DecalNumberRandomize=TRUE

DecalNumberBlockSize=10

DecalNumberStart=11

DecalNumberEnd=21

Heeeeeeeeeelp plz lol

just a thought...im sure it doesnt affect the decals not having the number 29+13 ?

Hi russouk,

Might not the full handling but the DecalNumberEnd=21 should say DecalNumberEnd=20 as you have only 10 numbers not 11. I had similar issue once and the game always tried to give that last number i had missing. It doesn't matter what is on the actual tga picture or list file as serial.

Also try what florian wrote above.

logan4

Edited by logan4

UMM.....can we swap carriers with CVW-11?

i would reeaally like mine back, please. :sorry:

SidDogg

FYI All

Once we have all the terrain mods and object mods put in one package from Wrench I will start this back up.

Quick Info about German squadrons:

in 2011 (now)

JG 71 operates only F-4F ICE.

JG 73 operates only the EF-2000, Germany no more operates the Fulcrum (as Dave said in the Screen Shot threat)

Edited by Soulman

speaking of carriers....

where the frak are they??? I'm jut about to upload the (hopefuly!) final terrain update, and relaized I don't have any carrier stations!

Now, thinking of the tactical/strategic considerations, and how much sea-room they need (eliminating the shallow,crowded, confined waters at the head of the Gulf)....I'd reccomend them no further north than the green line, with possible postions as show with the green stars

This is all that's holding it up....

so, how many CVBG?

this will also allow me to add FFG/CG/DDG in the general vicinity, as CVs be unvulnerable

EDIT: oh, yeah...I"ll need names for them, unless you want me to pick...I have some thoughts on that, given the region and it's rich history/mythology...

Edited by Wrench

Gentleman, I'm looking for a volunteer to take over the maintenance of the ORBAT list and planning map.

I'll be very busy at work for at least two weeks; Moving our datacenter will occupy almost all my time.

Here's the package that contains the excel sheet and the map in gimp format.

Edited by PureBlue

Now, thinking of the tactical/strategic considerations, and how much sea-room they need (eliminating the shallow,crowded, confined waters at the head of the Gulf)....I'd reccomend them no further north than the green line, with possible postions as show with the green stars

so, how many CVBG?

this will also allow me to add FFG/CG/DDG in the general vicinity, as CVs be unvulnerable

Wrench, I suggest avoiding placing anything east of the 900km line, since the Mission Generator will not create any waypoints in the outer %10 of the terrain map. I know The Wall is further out but the generator has this hardcoded limit.

Edited by PureBlue

I didn't know that! even with the flight engine tweek, to expand borders?

I can move one north, right at the green line, if needed...