Nah too much disparity in terrain graphics between Rising Sun and SF2.

I saw the latest pics on facebook of the water :yikes:

I hope we can get that effect working on all the maps! The "how to" bit with the new map method will be interesting, but Max will allow much nicer terrain. I can already see a huge improvement in that last picture.

And I'm getting a rather awesome tool for doing cities and roads soon, City Engine, if SF2 can handle it, between it and max we could have some seriously awesome cities to fly over instead of just grey blobs of building and concrete.

How do you all interpret the included LHA ?

LHD-1 Wasp commussioned 1989, LHA-1 Tarawa in 1976. (The ini files pointed to LHD-1 if I remember correctly)

Which version of Harrier would it be operating?

And if not, there are quite a few DLC opportunities for features not making the release date..

Was thinking that as well, not mch point having the LHAs modeled along with the Kiev's and Yak-38 if STOVL is not going to play some role in the new game... with that in mind SHAR time :clapping:

Craig

if the terrain is done in max that makes it easier for me...

Ya think?

I mean I'm pretty comfortable with max, the question will be how it's done, TE didn't look too bad at the first look either lol

Anyway guys, we will most certainly open a topic on terrain modding when it comes up and ask for it to be pinned so we can brainstorm in there...

oh, most definetaly!!!

How do you all interpret the included LHA ?

LHD-1 Wasp commussioned 1989, LHA-1 Tarawa in 1976. (The ini files pointed to LHD-1 if I remember correctly)

Which version of Harrier would it be operating?

And if not, there are quite a few DLC opportunities for features not making the release date..

Most likely it would use the A and C variants of the Harrier, the B did not become operational until 1985. When it comes to the LHA's what I would really like to see is a helicopter flight model added to the game.

.....When it comes to the LHA's what I would really like to see is a helicopter flight model added to the game.

Don't hold your breath but I've been pleasantly surprised so far by all the extra visual detail. Good to see that TK...or who ever convinced TK, has been listening to the customer.

When it comes to the LHA's what I would really like to see is a helicopter flight model added to the game.

If you look closely at this picture:

attachment.php?attachmentid=27315&d=1325094922

you can see what IMHO look like a seaking on the carrier...blink.gif

you can see what IMHO look like a seaking on the carrier...

As long as that image has been out, I'm also surprised that no one has commented on that and the shader-driven wake effect.

If I see it right it's in the "parked" position, not so much the "plane guard" position, in which it may be part of the ship 3D model...

If I see it right it's in the "parked" position, not so much the "plane guard" position, in which it may be part of the ship 3D model...

good point grin.gif

attachment.php?attachmentid=27315&d=1325094922

i see two

what's impressing me too is the mountain reflexion in the water.

nice effect

Tk have stated a half billion times that he don't want to implement stock flying Helos... Just because you see a static doesn't mean you'll ever get a flying one from his hands. It could just be eyecandy for the Carriers.

The reflecting land scape in the sea is a nice touch. If the sea is calm. Or it will have the opposite effect

Tk have stated a half billion times that he don't want to implement stock flying Helos...

So, stock helos have been officially denied? :cool:

TK also avoids WW2 but still added P-51D.

So, stock helos have been officially denied? :cool:

TK also avoids WW2 but still added P-51D.

Which again was used in Combat as late as 1969 in South America. :dntknw:

Which again was used in Combat as late as 1969 in South America. :dntknw:

Helo's were used in WWII..... :dntknw:

Tk have stated a half billion times that he don't want to implement stock flying Helos... Just because you see a static doesn't mean you'll ever get a flying one from his hands. It could just be eyecandy for the Carriers.

AI controlled helicopters would make sense for a sim centered around naval operations. Seems like with TK's background it would be fairly simple for him to do.

I just hope the new terrain engine does not have too many hardcoded limitations! It looks great but if the absolute maximum is say 300x300km it will be quite disappointing. I'm not saying I believe that, TK seems to be building stuff with versatility in mind but still. I like the new screenshots tho!