Dave:

I have both of those effects in my Effects folder, yet I'm not getting CTDs at 30 percent. Is it possible the versions you have are not updated to use SF2 effects shaders?

Eric Howes

No, they are updated. For for grins send me yours.

Edit

I grabbed the ones from the DS mod and they worked. However my testing continues.

30 percent and crash.........that same with my installation ...

it crash at 30percent damit

it crash at 30 percent in sf2 ex2 with all my mods ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i said to hollywood "Where'd he go?"..

HOllywood said "Where'd Who Go!?"

Fortunately my heavily modded install isn't locking up so far. I must say that the Naval group feature in the single mission maker is awesome, just took on a mixed US, New Zealand and Australian carrier group with a couple of A-4K Kahu Skyhawks and man it was intense! lol

expansion 3 has been in the works for 6-9+ months; a well known subject

thank you for the information i was not aware of this as i am new to the series. sorry for wasting time.

• Like 1

thank you for the information i was not aware of this as i am new to the series. sorry for wasting time.

If you're new to the series, we'll give you a pass just this once. :laugh:

Welcome to Strike Fighters and CA!

• Like 1

No, they are updated. For for grins send me yours.

Edit

I grabbed the ones from the DS mod and they worked. However my testing continues.

mine works fine, haven't ctd'd at all. think i'm using the same one J79Exhaust as the original, though might've pulled it from NF4+. freaked me out when you said J79.. though, with the Phantoms and G Starfighters i run all the time.

Good loads here using UEP, SARCASM, SF2 Reloaded effects, as well as many of the effects used by the more popular mods.

All working fine here. I must be doing something wrong...

All working fine here. I must be doing something wrong...

:lol:

I know its something in my install I am sure of it. Just the patch made inop. So far I have added things back and its working.

My frame rates are high but I am getting stutters with the new patch. Stock install flying the f-14. I read about the avionics 60dll issue. And I am wondering if the presence of enemy AI aircraft that use that dll may be responsible for the stutters

My frame rates are high but I am getting stutters with the new patch. Stock install flying the f-14. I read about the avionics 60dll issue. And I am wondering if the presence of enemy AI aircraft that use that dll may be responsible for the stutters

let me clarify that.. a better question might be- Is it cockpit view that is causing stutters with avionics60.dll aircraft? Or is it perhaps the general operation of that.dll by even an AI bird is enough to cause the stutters?

soo, is it worth it? Haven't been playing the series in few weeks really, does it bring better gameplay to say stock with minimal mods NA?

Just a small feedback.

Before the game crash at 30%. Now after reinstall everything ok!

Best wishes

Cleaner

May 2012 patch did something to fuel consumption. For instance, after patching I played Falklands mod I am unable to fly from Argentine base to Falklands and back in any Argie plane on fuel consumption-HARD,(just flying economically, without loitering or dogfights). I get out of soup 100 miles before my home base. Before the patch that wasn't the problem.

let me clarify that.. a better question might be- Is it cockpit view that is causing stutters with avionics60.dll aircraft? Or is it perhaps the general operation of that.dll by even an AI bird is enough to cause the stutters?

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllll, I just made a discovery, since the patch I noticed that with my Hornet pits suddenly bring a hit to the fps and I get more stutter which was weird as I didn't up the polys or texture size so no logic...

Well anyway I tried using other planes, even those that have pits with much higher polycount than my Hornet pits, I was surprised to notice Raven's new Viper pits actually run smoother than my Bug pits which didn't make much sense to me as I can't boast half that detail.

So as I was trying out other planes I noticed, that even in comparision with stock and even some old pits, Raven's Vipers still run smoother and show less polygons in the scene via debug option in the HUD.ini

And THEN I figured it out...what do all those other planes have in their cockpits that Viper pits do not?

It's MIRRORS!!!!

GODDAMNEVILMIRRORS bring up the polycount by about 100 000 polygons as TK obviously made them show stuff in top quality, they are killing the scene immensely causing significant fps drop(still playable for me but a huge impact for such a trivial thing is silly) and worse of all - stutter on heavier maps and missions.

So try turning off your mirrors and see how it goes...

Turning off the radar helps me with stutters with the new patch.....not so great for SA though

Since I have installed NA the AI makes two stupid things:

-Sometimes they are cruising at very low speed.

-They seems to have lose their terrain avoidance ability. I have noticed this playing Vietnam with the expansion mod, when my wingman was given the order to attack my targer, he runs into a mountain. Later, flying a MIG-17 against some Phantoms, half of them crashed to the ground

The question is: the new patch has fixed the AI behavior?

This is the first patch I haven't installed simply because I don't want the hassle of backing up and slowly reactivating my mods.

And I won't play because I'm not patched up.

Catch-22

Contrary to the patch notes, my missiles are still useless. Three AIM-7s and two AIM-9s didn't even dent a Tu-16.

Anyone else having this problem? I've got no stutters and no lock-ups, but I do have this. The hit ratios for Sparrows and 'Winders are definitely better, and maybe for Phoenixs, but kill ratios for all three are rediculously bad. I mean, 18 Phoenixs fired, 12 hits, and out of those 12, one kill?:shok: Being I'm inclined to fool around with stuff, I upped the warhead weight on the AIM-54A to 260kgs, but it had no effect. At first I was discouraged, but then I figured, what the hell and put a nuke on it. You know, I asked myself, "What would Dave do?":lol: Thing is, though, now I was getting somewhere, suddenly I was getting 1 hit, 1 kill...well, actually a little more than 1 kill, but still progess. Anyway, long story short, thru further testing I found that 10X the original amount of HE (warhead weight) gives results comparable to un-modded weapons prior to the May patch. (I have seperate, fully merged, April and May installs.) This goes for stock and third party weapons (I posted this at ThirdWire, NA Oddities, but the master has yet to comment.) It seems to me that whatever TK did to make missles more effective is making the game read warhead weight (or the effects thereof) at one tenth of what it should. Have any of you tried experimenting along these lines, and, if so, what were your results?

Didn't do much action on the bombers but fighter-sized planes get killed as usual :dntknw:

Brain32, is that an improvement on what you were getting? FWIW, I'm getting vastly improved results on bombers, too.

Didn't do much action on the bombers but fighter-sized planes get killed as usual :dntknw:

May 2012 I've seen Fishbed pilots ejecting after as much as a close blast. Literally no traces of damage on the plane.

It's like TK is trying to balance damage model by letting a drunk gremlin flip a kill switch of a plane on a whim.