Has the terrain engine been optimized or is it just me?

To get decent FPS over Iceland, I had turn turn the graphics down one notch now I have them maxed with no FPS hit....

Carrier based anti-ship and CAS bug has been fixed, Wrench will be a happy bunny!

I'm getting the "crash every time at 30%" problem, but that's on a heavily modded install. Will back up the folder and install over (semi) vanilla one and see what happens.

EDIT: Yep, works on SF2:NA (few mods) - will have to investigate on what's breaking it.

Edited by Caesar

Carrier fixed, make sure though you clean out your default ships of any old ini's. I was getting a CTD at 30% until I clean it out.

Will this kill all my mods? All of them? ARGH!

Dave, which ships? Cargo, surface combatants, all?

Will this kill all my mods? All of them? ARGH!

No, where do you come up with that?

It's been explained how to patch & keep your mods many times here.

KB has an article on it.

pah - your account might be getting locked if you carry this on!

<Darth Vader> Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....... <Darth Vader>

looks like carriers are available in ealy years. Just flew an Attacker off the HMS Eagle in 1951

ILS seems now working correctly :good:

and thanks for waypoint range information :good:

Tommy has a lot better roll rate :good:

nose gear still bugged :(

Edited by ArturR

when Tk posted this new picture on facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/photo.phpfbid=10151773449255203&set=a.187267695202.246704.187224385202&type=1&theater ) i thought we would finally be able to set clouds lower than 8000 ft...but we still can't :(

Also, i can't create missions before 1957 in israel map, or germany map. Do you guys know why??

Edited by stuntman

Belay my last, its was the effects folder causing the 30% CTD. Once I removed it, it worked fine. Just need to see which ones are doing it.

That worked, Dave. So far, I have re-added the F-14, F-15 and F/A-18 effects with no crashes. Might take a bit to find the "bad" file.

Oh, my element didn't jump up like cats in a bathtub when I took our F-4s to 15m AGL. Other 8 planes couldn't stand that. Ultimately none of the wingmen dropped their bombs on Kiev, instead becoming obsessed with shooting down the now operational Yaks.

Took some A-4Gs in at low level - managed to attack the Kiev and all my wingmen survived - bet the SAMs (SA-N-4) have been toned down.

ran my own quickie check around the honey do list.... Euro 1 Phantoms still good( my main mod i have in every install), wingman stayed on the deck with me doing an armed recce on about 8 krivaks, flack intense, both got out no damage, mavericks dint seem to dent them. and the fps droooooooooooooooooooop is stil there at 8000 ft agl over iceland tho rockin 30 fps screamin 75 ft over a krivak throwin everything at me including the bird! now gotta see if the TW Tom takes 3 Sparrows to kill a bear still.....

Linebacker II campaigns are broken. First mission generates just fine, next mission has a start point off the map, none of the carriers are present and there's no target to shoot down once you arrive.

Hurray! TK strikes again!

• Dislike 2

Carrier based anti-ship and CAS bug has been fixed, Wrench will be a happy bunny!

'bout frakking time!

what of the AS,CAS,Armed recon on "other maps made Naval"??? The persian gulf is sitting here waiting to go, if that's fixed.

Effects causing crash/lockup??? That's gonna take a while to run down....

Linebacker II campaigns are broken. First mission generates just fine, next mission has a start point off the map, none of the carriers are present and there's no target to shoot down once you arrive.

Hurray! TK strikes again!

I'm 5 missions in to a LB II campaign with VA-37 and have no problems. The carriers are there every time.

What squadron are you trying?

'bout frakking time!

what of the AS,CAS,Armed recon on "other maps made Naval"??? The persian gulf is sitting here waiting to go, if that's fixed.

Effects causing crash/lockup??? That's gonna take a while to run down....

I just tried to use the Buccaneer and the F/A-18 on the iceland terrain for anti-Shipping and in the load out area the arecraft listed was the russian Bear bomber and no weapons wer available. I prob have something screwed up on my end but I figured i throw this out there just in case.

I'm 5 missions in to a LB II campaign with VA-37 and have no problems. The carriers are there every time.

What squadron are you trying?

F-4J, VF-154 USS Ranger.

It'd be very odd for it to be plane specific, no?

F-4J, VF-154 USS Ranger.

It'd be very odd for it to be plane specific, no?

Well, my first guess would have been mission types assigned.

However, I've just went 3 missions in with VF-154 and had no problems. I didn't fly them to completion, just flew in AP for a few minutes, ended, then started the next.

Well, my first guess would have been mission types assigned.

However, I've just went 3 missions in with VF-154 and had no problems. I didn't fly them to completion, just flew in AP for a few minutes, ended, then started the next.

The problems for me happen right out of the gate.