Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Strike Fighters 2 DLC F-4 USAF Skin Pack 1 released

"Strike Fighters 2 DLC F-4 USAF Skin Pack 1 released!

F-4 USAF Skin Pack 1 contains 6 texture sets for each of the USAF F-4D versions, and 7 texture sets each for the USAF F-4E versions.

Strike Fighters 2, Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam, or Strike Fighters 2 Europe required"

https://store.thirdwire.com/store_dlc.htm

Good stuff. As someone mentioned, the Hill Scheme is a little off, but I like the wrap-arounds, and the generic grey for all is welcome.

Arthur, could you please post some screens? I'm too busy to follow all the Facebook updates at the moment

getting it now. will change decal ini to take my decal pack shortly. faster than Navy pack cause these are already done. many more units than stock to come. and yes the Hill 2 is off Sundowners being better in screen shots

post-43212-0-17710100-1346456837_thumb.jpg

post-43212-0-77058900-1346456841_thumb.jpg

post-43212-0-79152600-1346456844_thumb.jpg

post-43212-0-49991200-1346456852_thumb.jpg

Hill 2's dont look as bad as they did on FB. but the tailcodes defineatley need updated. breakin into CATs now.......

some work done.......

i actually rather like these skins, just not the decal.ini that came with. fortuneately i was workin a revised skin pack for Sundowners versions of these skins so should have this out sooner than the naval ones as said. wrappin up for tonight (ben a busy day even w/o this) but gotta add slimers to the all D's and fix three squadrons that have been added in the squadronlist (HUGE THANKYOU to HomeFries for teachin this knucklehead to use placeholders). also made a version of the new skins for the C_67 and edited the (aircraft).ini's for the versions that 1. didnt fly the newer schemes and 2. did fly for the Thunderbirds! really F-4D TB's!!!!! sheessh lmao.

I plunked down my money for the Lizard camo. That white tail code is JARRING.img00771.JPG

Not to totally undermine TW's DLC, but with FC3 coming soon I'd like to save my money for that and maybe go the free route for some USAF F-4 skins.

The only skin I'm really interested in is the Euro Camo for the all the SF2 D and E variants. Does Sundowner have those in the DL sections already?

he does but with squddrons on skin. my original F-4 skin pack has Sundowners skins (all 4 major schemes) blanked out but i have to update the decals and squadronlist. i'm waiting to complete my everybody squadron list befor updating that pack. personally i like using stock where i can and where it doesn't frustrate me too much. i'll use DLC skin in my install but rerelease my Sundowner based pack in two weeks time. shorter two weeks not longer.

he does but with squddrons on skin. my original F-4 skin pack has Sundowners skins (all 4 major schemes) blanked out but i have to update the decals and squadronlist. i'm waiting to complete my everybody squadron list befor updating that pack. personally i like using stock where i can and where it doesn't frustrate me too much. i'll use DLC skin in my install but rerelease my Sundowner based pack in two weeks time. shorter two weeks not longer.

:sohappy:

Edited by malibu43

to each their own. i laughed at Tomcat skins packs but shamelessly bought both Phantom packs. progress update btw.... had to do some ini fixin to get things to show the way they do in other skins. and the latest member of the TW/CA Phantoms community, haven't seen this unit anywhre else....

post-43212-0-29240300-1347133773_thumb.jpg

post-43212-0-01663800-1347133860_thumb.jpg

ignore the goofs like the tanks, i said i was doin some ini dancing. first to ID the unit gets....... the satisfaction of being first to ID the unit!

dunno, the skins are all nice but the nose defect always puts me off immensely

maybe the only correct model TW made is the F-4E...

dunno, the skins are all nice but the nose defect always puts me off immensely

What do you think is wrong with the nose?

In model kits the Phantom does seems hard to capture correctly and some examples were horrendous.

well it's a bit hard to describe by words. basically the nose is a short cylinder, and a rounded cone (the radar dome) attached together. both symmetrical when viewed from the side. the TW model nose is toooo long, and not symmetrical; MF both too long and too thin.

a very rough mock up

but then i'm just another phanatic

Edited by Do335

well it is what it is. still more phantom than any other game at teh moment esp that can drop bombs.

agreed you can't have it all. don't see another game that has such dedication to the big old rhino

well it is what it is. still more phantom than any other game at the moment esp that can drop bombs.

If you're interested, besides Dash 1s and NATOPS manuals for every version, I also have Detail & Scale Five view drawings in 1/48th scale for ALL the US versions. Check that...no RF-4B, however the D&S stuff is from 1981. The B/N, J/S and G drawings are still hermetically sealed. Oh and I have the D&S and Color & Markings books for the US versions. I head out on a four day tomorrow, home for a day and a half, gone for five, then gone on vacation for two weeks. I can be reached at mspbusdriver[at]gmail.com

Edited by busdriver

well it's a bit hard to describe by words. basically the nose is a short cylinder, and a rounded cone (the radar dome) attached together. both symmetrical when viewed from the side. the TW model nose is toooo long, and not symmetrical; MF both too long and too thin.

a very rough mock up

but then i'm just another phanatic

I noticed you are using the new third wire skins on the crab 02 F-4S... do those skins fit that model or did you have to edit them?

I noticed you are using the new third wire skins on the crab 02 F-4S... do those skins fit that model or did you have to edit them?

decals need a bit of edit due to different mesh names... the large serial no. on most 'nam era decals span 2 meshes on crab 02's so had to leave them out (suppose there's a way to make it work?).... ferris and tac schemes fit pretty good to me:)

Edited by Do335

Nice.....not thrilling but nice.....I'll stick to these....

monthly_02_2011_45f420cb4b057cc8bb4dc336a0109af1-img00422.jpg

monthly_02_2011_92df7940d7c83dd5f36755468c2b2406-img00424.jpg

monthly_02_2011_520f45c0fffa4f3260d62cc9a5fda3b0-img00470.jpg

monthly_02_2011_776541987c0a9170ca1ce5fe15486f45-img00014.jpg

monthly_02_2011_b72c3655508054c8a8313b522f8f93a8-img00446.jpg