FLOGGER23

Why is everybody bugging out from SF series?

Well SkateZilla, I may get lucky with Coretex Designs, I sent them a PM to see if I can help them, but nothing's certain as of yet.

What are you people in this thread debating and NOT co-operating on a Viggen for me?

Game dead? I would not think so. Get back to work you, lot. You too, Mister President! :big_boss:

• Like 1

f***in' a bubba!!

I've got too damn many projects still lined up to just walk away to some new shiny toy. Way too much to do

fuggetaboutit!!

IIRC there was an SFP1 version made six years ago. We really could use an SF2 one, yes.

Nope.

We did no such thing.

Well you didn't because we purposely left out anyone in Wales.... :lol:

And the SFP1 version was from... the other side, and it was not really that good to begin with, taking from all versions and not representing any one of them accurately (plus some weird mapping decisions).

And futhermore it is a locked model by A-Team that I am unable to use for TSF ;-)

I have a complete 3D model, just everybody is so bogged down with their own pet projects, nobody had any time to look at it, sadly.

And futhermore it is a locked model by A-Team that I am unable to use for TSF ;-)

I have a complete 3D model, just everybody is so bogged down with their own pet projects, nobody had any time to look at it, sadly.

Viggen project his not dead just on hold for a wile i found major issues on WIP some my fault most and some from the 3 view not having all drawing the same size!

need more time

Well SkateZilla, I may get lucky with Coretex Designs, I sent them a PM to see if I can help them, but nothing's certain as of yet.

They sent me a PM on EDs boards when they were fist announced by ED, asking me to contact them (prolly in regards to carriers and stuff). I replied saying i didnt have time between my job and other things.

That sucks... would have had a nice deck to land on... but I haven't been on there in so long anyway, so I'll stick to FSX and SF2. When they release a two-seater Super I'll probably move on to that.

at least DCSW is free, so you only gotta fork over cash for the modules.

as for doing a carrier for DCSW, it's up to ED once Im done building and send them Proof of Concept Renders.

Matt Wagner is on my Facebook, or just PM them to Wags on the ED Forums, would be cool to see.

I'm a long way from a proof of concept for DCSW, it's being built in Max 2009 to be exported to 3 engines that havent made exporters for newer MAX Suites, TW Being one of them.

Once that is done, I'll open in Max 2011 and Use the ED Tools / ModelViewer to make sure it works, then I just have to build the .LAU files, which Im still tearing apart, and looking for the LAU for the current carrier.

The Hull is gonna take the longest because of reference material for the shapes and stuff are limited, I got enough pictures of the deck and Island.

Edited by SkateZilla

Ahh gotcha, nothing soon then, but then again Coretex will take a while anyway, so no rush.

Let's face it. DCS or FSX or JT or whatever will NEVER (and I say that with 100% confidence) have the range of combat aircraft/weapons/ships etc. we have here in SF2.

The terrain may be 10 years old and we may not have AAR or brake chutes or a slewable A/G radar and TV/laser screens but I'm ok with that. At least I can fly and blow up what I want, where I want and when I want.

Dels

• Like 5

With the exception of FSX, you're pretty much right, which is why I haven't removed it yet. The Crimea... a bit old if you ask me.

im pretty sure the FSX library is larger than SF2's.

Ahh gotcha, nothing soon then, but then again Coretex will take a while anyway, so no rush.

Im waiting for DCS to implement better support for Carrier OPS, which if they plan on doing the F-18C, that's prolly when it will be done.

Last time I Saw the Carrier in DCS, it was so old looking.

Ahh yeah, I think Matt is waiting in the shadows for me to move on to DCS because last time I asked he said something to the effect that I was mainly on SF2 and not to worry. But got it.

I tried to export some models i have on my backup system, but the EDM Exporter doesnt seem to wanna work.. so.... when i open in the Model Viewer its Blank.

I tried this evening to export stuff, and the scaling was off, so like i figured, once the model is complete for the engine's I'm building it for, I'll have to convert it to work with the EDM Exporter.

oh yeah, I Found them Eagle Dynamics F-16 Renders: (they are actually old)

http://forums.eagle....&postcount=4207

Not nearly as good as the ones we did for SF2.

Dels

Good points all around and that is why SF2 will never leave my HD. The area in DCS is getting very long in the tooth. Its 8 years old. They need to fix that. However DCS offers lots of other things I like that is missing from SF. I did A2A refuel training last night and it was awesome.

• Like 1

...The terrain may be 10 years old...

Dels

Not even! Stary, gerwin and others have updated it quite well. I accidentally loaded my clean SF2 the other day. It was a big shock to see the stock CEurope map. There is no reason to not use Stary's unless you have an old machine, and then FC2 isn't going to work for you anyway.

Edited by arthur666