FLOGGER23

Why is everybody bugging out from SF series?

I want Jane's Fighter Antholoy with modern graphics.

AMEN!!!!!!

You hit the hammer straight on the head...I sent many E-mails to EA begging them for it.

Not nearly as good as the ones we did for SF2.

Dels

Good points all around and that is why SF2 will never leave my HD. The area in DCS is getting very long in the tooth. Its 8 years old. They need to fix that. However DCS offers lots of other things I like that is missing from SF. I did A2A refuel training last night and it was awesome.

yeah, old renders, with a few shape mistakes... the VTAI "Project" for DCS doesnt look to be any more accurate either (wrong shape for the BLK they are doing, but he's fixing what he can based on community feedback.) I dunno if they'll get a DCS License to publish it as a Full Module though:

VTAI F-16:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=73864

Right now all of my MAX Stuff, Minus the new carrier is on my old System, I copied the entire system's HDD Contents to a Portable Drive, But the files are corrupt (USB Controller issue with the HDD, I think the HDD itself was never correctly formatted), So I have to Boot up and copy to another HDD, or move the HDDs to the new system and copy them.

Either way, I’ve tried to import some things into DCS last night, and the Models lose orientation and scale when exporting for some reason, I gotta read up on exporting from Max 2011 to EDM. So right now it will be at least a year or 2 before I put anything out for DCS. SF2 on the other hand, not so much, same with 2 other engines Im building large objects for. (not limited to NAVY Carriers or things that operate inside our atmosphere., SmileyFace. )

There are 3 terrains “Done” and waiting for the Exporters from ED to be finished (And released after “EDGE/NEVADA” is done). Afghanistan is one of them.

Janes FA 2013 and I am sold!

I think EA said somewhere that Jane's owned the Rights to the "Fighters" line. and the last 3 titles Janes put out were utter garbage, JASF was not even 70% complete in it's retail state.

as for Carriers in DCS:W, there's 2 with the model being already done and imported into the engine,

so I prolly wont bother with fighting their exporter for mine, but I have other Items planned for DCSW.

http://forum.avsim.n...70-carl-vinson/

CoreTex was looking for members to join their team in late July for the F-18E Project. ANd they plan to show their progress sometime in the next few weeks.

Edited by SkateZilla

Will love to see a DCS F-16. Even if it uses Flaming Cliff characteristics, hope we can use all the weapons, HARMS, Mavericks, GBU's, JDAM...

Falcon BMS looks cool... In the Viper, but there are planes like the Flogger that still have the Micrprose 1998 3d model!!

Edited by Stratos

not to mention ground units which looks like USNF era

not to mention ground units which looks like USNF era

How true...

dc8bbdd72b06deaf6cb2ded552a05c78.jpg

Whatever sim you fly - there will be bits that other sims do better or have more of or.....whatever - there is no perfect sim out there - but a lot of people getting exited about things that may or may not happen.

Different AI (SF2 good at turning gun fights, F4 good at BVR)

Terrains (SF2 has 5 stock and a ton of add ons)

3D models (SF1/2 has a set Falcon 4 can only dream of at the moment)

Flight models (Missile FMs in DCS basic, Only a few Jets with HFFMs in F4/DCS )

Graphics (SF2 DX10 - but DCS terrain engine looks better and far superior)

Avionics (SF2 really basic)

Campaigns (SF2/F4 have dynamic)

Mutiplayer (SF2 um...)

Time required (SF2 very little)

Amount of cold war 3D Pits (SF2 FTW)

Cold War setting (SF2.....only)

I'm sure you could start a thread with the differences in.................

Edited by MigBuster
  • Like 1

How true...

Well people have to contribute if they want better models - people are trying:

2u5uop1.jpg

As a community, we can make it happen. We have all the aircraft/ships/ground objects, almost all the terrain and we have a mission editor.

Eraser started this a while ago. I think it's time to revive the project.

Dels

Yeah.. the mission editor... which needs some fixin'

PS Eric, this is what the Top LOD of the F-18F would look like in DCS (without tweaking, just a straight adjust axes and textures, export).

post-182-0-73231300-1347332701_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Whatever sim you fly - there will be bits that other sims do better or have more of or.....whatever - there is no perfect sim out there

then we have to do it the Weird Science way... I'll prepare the screenshots, you wire that plastic model to a computer, ok?

Didn't know there are new units for BMS, my bad MB

I had no idea either. Are those vehicles available?

Anyway the enemy planes are pretty poor, will try to get some pics.

EDIT: Ah here it is.

2012-09-11_090942.jpg

Edited by Stratos

Jugoslavia or North Korea?

North Korean Mig-23 flying over the Sea of Galilee :blink:

Obviously. The North Korean mechanics must have run out of North Korean intakes, and swiped a couple of Jugoslav intakes.

Obviously. The North Korean mechanics must have run out of North Korean intakes, and swiped a couple of Jugoslav intakes.

YAF never had Floggers

I haven't played or modded much since May when CA went down for a few days. I'm fed up with the constant repairs I have to carry out after each new patch breaks something that worked fine before while the big games problems are left untouched. It'll always stay on my PC just due to the Modding scene but most of the "joy" I had playing it has now gone sadly.

I'm after Total Air War (F-22 sim) where they change absolutely nothing except modern graphics! That game was without doubt THE best flight sim I've ever played for repeatability, dynamic campaigns, avionics etc etc, I loved it.

PS Eric, this is what the Top LOD of the F-18F would look like in DCS (without tweaking, just a straight adjust axes and textures, export).

Not bad... though it would need animating and a bit more touchup though

And don't forget 6DOF and all that...

Edited by EricJ

I had no idea either. Are those vehicles available?

Anyway the enemy planes are pretty poor, will try to get some pics.

EDIT: Ah here it is.

Well there are a lot of WIPs - like in every sim - somebody has to actually make them for free you know!

This is being cooked:

7372479910_aa39971cf5.jpg

• Like 1