FLOGGER23

Why is everybody bugging out from SF series?

and then at some point DCSW 2.0 will come with, yes you got it right, FC4.0, CA2.0 etc

What do we get for 39.99 from TW?

Well I went to the store - and yes the best you can do is get an SF2 title for $29.99 then a few DLCs (although FE2 is a steal at $19.99)

If you went for Europe you would get:

Player Flyable Aircraft

• A-7D Corsair II
  • A-10A Thunderbolt II
  • F-100D Super Sabre
  • F-105D Thunderchief
  • F-4C/D/E/F/M Phantom II
  • F-15A Eagle
  • Harrier GR.1/3
  • Hunter FGA.9

DLCs

• Mirage 5BA $5.99
  • F-8E (FN) $3.99

So thats not too bad really (mainly if you don't have other titles with those jets) - and SF2 does have going for it that these are all revamped 3D pits and 3D models to the same standard! (pity the terrain is **** but that can be changed for free.)

Edited by MigBuster

Well I went to the store - and yes the best you can do is get an SF2 title for $29.99 then a few DLCs (although FE2 is a steal at $19.99)

Player Flyable Aircraft

• A-7D Corsair II
  • A-10A Thunderbolt II
  • F-100D Super Sabre
  • F-105D Thunderchief
  • F-15A Eagle
  • Harrier GR.1/3
  • Hunter FGA.9

DLCs

• Mirage 5BA $5.99
  • F-8E (FN) $3.99

So thats not too bad really - and SF2 does have going for it that these are all revamped 3D pits and 3D models to the same standard! (pity the terrain is **** but that can be changed for free.)

You can add nato fighters on top off that for free!

and then at some point DCSW 2.0 will come with, yes you got it right, FC4.0, CA2.0 etc

Doubt it, ED is trying to self publish, why keep having to play by Ubi-soft's rules

and two tons of freeware planes, units, visuals also for free... I wonder how the ED vs freeware mods/modules will go

edit:

SZ I wonder when ED will take measures to get rid of UBI-dependant IP and will replace it with their own stuff

Edited by Stary

Player Flyable Aircraft

• A-7D Corsair II
  • A-10A Thunderbolt II
  • F-100D Super Sabre
  • F-105D Thunderchief
  • F-15A Eagle
  • Harrier GR.1/3
  • Hunter FGA.9

DLCs

• Mirage 5BA $5.99
  • F-8E (FN) $3.99

So thats not too bad really (mainly if you don't have other titles with those jets) - and SF2 does have going for it that these are all revamped 3D pits and 3D models to the same standard! (pity the terrain is **** but that can be changed for free.)

if only it were MP capable still ...I may Go Back to SF Gen 1 Merged and Modded and play Online vs my brother.

and two tons of freeware planes, units, visuals also for free... I wonder how the ED vs freeware mods/modules will go

edit:

SZ I wonder when ED will take measures to get rid of UBI-dependant IP and will replace it with their own stuff

Drop the Flaming Cliffs Line of products...

Have 3rd parties do the F-15C, SU-27, MIG-29 etc.

Hopefully they get a decent size contract from a country to pay for most of the development soon, since that is what DCS/World was designed for

on that note, why isnt TW getting some kind of Business Use/License Fee from these Museums using his game in their Pay Per Play Setups?

TK Apparently didnt even know about or which version they were using.

Isnt it common place that when you buy a product, you're buying it for personal use in your own home, not buying it to charge tourists $5-10 per play.

That's like a shoe store going to GameStop buying NCAA13 and charging $10 per quickgame to play it in their store.

Im pretty sure copyrights have a "Authorized for Personal Use Only" in it somewhere.

I Think Thirdwire should be all over that or the next CombatAce or SimQH BBQ the host should be charging everyone $5 to play.

Edited by SkateZilla

Well, i'll not leave SF2 so soon. i'm just looking for a job in real-life and studying, so, no time to play (and mod).

For sure, DCS looks waaaaaaaay better, and it's waaay more realistic, and all the other stuff we always wanted, but, sometimes, i like this easy and unrealistic thing. That's way i still playing SF2, Battlefield 2 and Ace Combat 5!!! :biggrin:

Edited by CadeteBRA

[

exactly what i was gonna say, If we were to bypass the official extracter with a 3rd party one that is capable of seeing the Locked Files, im pretty sure TW would step up measures more to prevent us from having continued access.

now the way the files are locked prevents 3rd party extractors to even "see" them in the CAT files... and consider this: if some skilled guy comes with his own CAT extractor like Gerwin did, then most propably Thirdwire would lock the cats even further or permanently... you know the "piracy excuse"

ote]

I don't think it matters... we can do nothing and he will lock files or we can be proactive and he will lock files . Don't take offense at this metaphor- but in my opinion you guys are looking at it like battered wives who continue to take the abuse and are afraid of what would happen if you fight back. I say F**k it - I am not taking this s**t any more. I fully support the idea of a community cat extractor. I keep a fully modded and beautiful install at the june 2010 patch level... its Awesome! I also keep an April 2012 sf2na install just for naval intercept missions and naval strike... that is the only thing I use it for Because the terrain is hideous. My opinion the state of the current game is totally hosed and I am not happy with it at all. I believe that until we gain understanding of the new terrain engine ( which is locked to us) the current game will remain nearly worthless. On top of that there are a multitude of other issues, I see this game getting worse and worse with each patch, at some point you just have to cut your losses and pick a patch level to stay with.

current build is quite ok to me to be fair Icarus...

from good old features the one I miss the most is clouds altitude to be honest, rest as for July2012 is more or less ok... sans shader and terrain lockup

JM

I will buy you a copy of FC3 when it comes out.

I am not to hurt by the price of FC3. I got Lock On (2 copies) for free. I never bought FC1 or BS1. I got Lock On Platimum for $19.99 and that came with FC2. So another $39.99 is no biggie. I have bought all the DSC series and that is well over $100 now.

TK needs to a unlock the stuff because I hate to break it to him his stuff is unlocked by a few people anyway. If he chaged they code they can adapt it in minutes. So he is spinning his wheels. The SF2 series got a boost with NA, new items under the hood and new capabilities etc but even now thats gotten old. TK needs to up his game big time or tell us he is done so we can press on ourselves. I am not buying a tablet version of SF.

• Like 2

I don't think it matters... we can do nothing and he will lock files or we can be proactive and he will lock files . Don't take offense at this metaphor- but in my opinion you guys are looking at it like battered wives who continue to take the abuse and are afraid of what would happen if you fight back. I say F**k it - I am not taking this s**t any more. I fully support the idea of a community cat extractor. I keep a fully modded and beautiful install at the june 2010 patch level... its Awesome! I also keep an April 2012 sf2na install just for naval intercept missions and naval strike... that is the only thing I use it for Because the terrain is hideous. My opinion the state of the current game is totally hosed and I am not happy with it at all. I believe that until we gain understanding of the new terrain engine ( which is locked to us) the current game will remain nearly worthless. On top of that there are a multitude of other issues, I see this game getting worse and worse with each patch, at some point you just have to cut your losses and pick a patch level to stay with.

You mean,

We can do nothing, and they lock files slowly with each patch as they see fit.

or ,

we make an extractor, tick off the man and they patch everything all in one shot.

...TK needs to up his game big time or tell us he is done so we can press on ourselves. I am not buying a tablet version of SF.

I agree with you. And i'll not buy any tablet version too... i barely can pay my own computer!! :lol:

JM

I am not to hurt by the price of FC3. I got Lock On (2 copies) for free. I never bought FC1 or BS1. I got Lock On Platimum for $19.99 and that came with FC2. So another $39.99 is no biggie. I have bought all the DSC series and that is well over $100 now.

TK needs to a unlock the stuff because I hate to break it to him his stuff is unlocked by a few people anyway. If he chaged they code they can adapt it in minutes. So he is spinning his wheels. The SF2 series got a boost with NA, new items under the hood and new capabilities etc but even now thats gotten old. TK needs to up his game big time or tell us he is done so we can press on ourselves. I am not buying a tablet version of SF.

wasting resources fighting the bad guys, while locking out the good guys, sounds like politics lol.

we make an extractor, tick off the man and they patch everything all in one shot.

Let him lock everything at once then, if he's intent on locking it later anyway. As long as the content is local it can be unlocked and tinkered with.

JM

Geez, thanks, but I feel a bit awkward accepting something like that. I mean I want to support ED (like I said I bought Combined Arms for $30 plus bought every title of theirs at full release price aside from BS2 where I got the $20 upgrade price), but it's not like you hit the Lotto and I'm expecting my freebie.

For the record, you hit the Lotto and all CA mods are entitled to an AWESOME gift. :biggrin:

Oh, that goes for me if I hit the Lotto as well. With my luck, however...

Dont worry about it JM. Its all good.

If i hit the lotto i'm gonna commission you guys to produce our own game. Problem is i never join the lottery. :P

Actually i'll buy SF:Android.

with my busy adult life i barely have time to use my computer, my videogame momments is when i play on my Android Batman,Sega Virtual Tennis, F-SIM Space Shuttle and Airwing Pro during boring market/bank/fastfood queues.

unfortunatelly...c'est la vie.

Ps: Did Dave hit the lotto?

Edited by Silverbolt

(...)

TK needs to a unlock the stuff because I hate to break it to him his stuff is unlocked by a few people anyway. (...) I am not buying a tablet version of SF.

wasn't that supposed to be a secret or something? :wink:

TK has a chance now to prevent any further damage to the customers base, which is unlock all back as it was, except LODs if that really buggers him. It's the only way modders could produce new working terrains and move on with improvements.

Sadly I agree with what was said earlier, the band of modders™ is no longer his target, heck I have that creepy feeling modders are being perceived as an uncomfortable, annoying part of the customers base :sad:

just as the age of Boy Bands and POP music died... TK doesnt wanna see us doing the INI dance any more :(

Our presence is the equivalent of the breakout star being exposed as a former adult film star that changed their hair and name! Is TK trying to go "legit"?