Sign in to follow this  
Veltro2k

BLACK FRIDAY

OK folks lets fess up...what did we purchase ?

as for me   Vizio  55'' TV   $399

• Like 1

Nothing at a store.

DVDs

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. 8 movie collection. I was a huge fan as a kid and it looked like fun. Plus I'm a big David McCallum fan.

British sci-fi cult hit. "Sapphire and Steel". Also starring David McCallum.

The online video store had a 25% off promo code so I did OK price wise......

nothing. But I didn't the super hornet pack for SF2:NA and I also drove by a Holiday Inn Express.

sounds like a good deal for the T.V.!

but people get super crazy for the black Friday events... then buy things they don't really need just because of the price :)

Black what??

Is this just another sale to get people to the shops to buy crap they don't need by any chance

Maybe something on Steam, forget now. Oh, and I was buying food at Walmart Friday night, and I picked up the Bourne trilogy on BD for $12. And 2010 for $5.

Big spending here.

Since my kids always fuss that they cannot get a good Christmas present for me and they usually don't, I bought one for myself.  A special issue Bulova watch.  I think it will be one I will wear instead of tossing it in the local circle file when the kids have returned home. 

PlayStation 3 500GB Slim with Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition, Logitech Driving Force GT Steering Wheel & Pedals and a special "driving" stand for the wheel/pedals to go on. :grin:

As an ex-drifter IRL (450hp RWD R34 Skyline) who is now old and drives a diesel Ford :sad: I spent 90% of yesterday driving sideways around Tsukuba in Japan and either grinning like a Loon or raging whilst having a Tourettes attack, loved it!

Seeing as, in the UK, we don't "do" Thanksgiving, I am somewhat disturbed that (a) Black Friday has arrived on our shores, and (b) my son brought home a booklet about turkeys, pilgrims and indians from school. Am I just an old curmudgeon? Should I embrace change? I'm still annoyed that Halloween has overtaken Bonfire Night in popularity...

While I can understand Halloween, I don't get Black Friday there at all.

The only explanation is your retailers have grown envious and want a mad start to the holiday shopping season as well now. :grin:

A lot of the original UK Black Friday companies were US based (Amazon, Asda/Walmart etc) and once UK companies saw those profits they all jumped on the band wagon.

I really feel like stirring the pot today, so I would offer that the UK should join the US and then they would appreciate a day of Thanksgiving more.  They have much more in common with the US than they do with the EU.

I really feel like stirring the pot today, so I would offer that the UK should join the US and then they would appreciate a day of Thanksgiving more.  They have much more in common with the US than they do with the EU.

I hear you. Better than being French (joke!).

Id never heard of Black Friday till this thread - anyone remember 'Love Day' in The Simpsons - gotta laugh really