Alternate Falklands Terrains

Firstly I strongly advise that you install the Falklands_1982 mod by eburger & team.

http://combatace.com/topic/74604-sf2-falklands-mod-redux/

Two new versions of the Falklands/Malvinas terrain.

Hopefully most of the issues with the original are now sorted, coast lines have needed to be changed here and there and the terrain itself is much more uneven with more pronounced hills and mountains, two seasonal variations are included.

Please read the readme....it really does have some useful stuff in it.

Many thanks to eburger & the team that worked on the original mod.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

Cheers, the re-worked Harrier FRS.1 is very well done

Is it safe to use with the all-inclusive mod?

I guess so, he advises to install the Falklands/Malvinas 1982 mod first.

What a surprise, Sundowner!  Excellent terrain!

I agree on the FRS1!!! I think it should also be released seperately, to replace the original, older version.

just curious, that there's no "carrier stations" on the _water bmp, for automatically generated battle groups?

• Like 2

Using this map in falkland / malvinas mod, I have CTD when trying to create a single mission

Edit: ok, this is an issue with my install, so never mind

Edited by stuntman

How did you solve it? Having the same issue.

Do the campaigns use the new terrain or do I have to do some tweaks? 

I had the same CTD and I found what´s wrong - for my install at least. The new terrain archive "Falklands_1982_nations.INI" must have the same nations as for the rest install, like NATIONS.INI for example.

Sorry for the late reply folks, but I cant get a ctd when flying single missions......but there is a part of eburgers read me that says.....

"1. Single Missions vs Campaigns

Like the original "Falklands '82" for SFP1, the Malvinas & Falkands terrains are set up to use different years for Single Missions (i.e., "Create Mission") and the Campaigns.

Campaigns:       both campaigns automatically start on May 1, 1982, and continue 
                    into mid June 1982.

Single Missions: when flying Single Missions, set the "Mission Date" to 1983. If
                    you set the date to 1982, you may get a CTD (crash to desktop)
                    when attempting to start the mission.

As Kesselbrut noted in his original ReadMe, game-generated single missions ("Create Mission") should be flown in 1983 because the only British air base on the islands was build in late May. If you have a mission date before May 29, 1982, the game will CTD becaue there is no air base for British aircraft to use. User-created missions (with a 1982 mission date) will work normally. British aircraft will still have to take off from a carrier before May 29, though, even in user-created missions for 1982."

That could well be the problem you are getting.

Also I forgot to state that to use the 1983 Terrain your "End Year" statement in your options ini should be set at 2020 or something of your choice. This should also cure the above ctd issue.

Also I forgot to state that to use the 1983 Terrain your "End Year" statement in your options ini should be set at 2020 or something of your choice. This should also cure the above ctd issue.

Thank you Mr Sundowner! :drinks:

hi everyone,

Sorry for late answer. I fixed my CTD simply by making a fresh Falkland install, and then reinstalling falkland 82. i did a lot of flightengine expriments lately, so I guess i broke something back then.

Hi all

Sorry for refloating a 3 years old post.

I'm a total newbie in SF2 (only two weeks in my HD) but I have installed Falklands/Malvinas redux mod without any issue, then I have installed the alternate terrain but I can't see any difference with the standard terrain ¿?

I have 4 folders in \terrain:

Falklands

Falklands_1982

Falklands_1983

Malvinas

Could you please provide a detailed install intructions for the alternate terrain mod? Do I have to mod any other *.ini file?

Moreover, as I am very insterested in Falklands / Malvinas  war, can you tell me is there is any other mods for this conflict?

Best regards

Hi again

Finally I got the falklands alternate terrain working and it is really amazing!! The problem now is that the airfields in Argentina have disappeared ¿¿?? The lights are there but there are no runways. I tried all the airbases (Rio Gallegos, Rio Grande, San Julian...) but none ot them have runway. Any idea of how can I fix that?

Best regards,