MigBuster

Strike Fighters 2: Windows 10 Edition up for pre-order

They may work for the most part on Windows 10 but no versions of SF2 are supported on Windows 10.

Basically that means if something changes in a windows update or a hardware driver no longer supports it then TK doesn't have to fix it and could let the game die.

An update with DX12 and VR I would have thought would be the minimum selling point to get new people in. 

On the other hand he might have looked at the code again and had nightmares of the past and decided to not bother (wouldn't blame him!)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

SandMartin:

do you mind try to post is regular text??? That style is MOST disturbing. Don't do it again, please

=========

the motto has always been:

"The best little combat flight sim you've never heard of"

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Wrench said:

the motto has always been:

"The best little combat flight sim you've never heard of"

Then, Devin Horner started posting videos around 2015-ish.

Bit the bullet and got SF2, haven't looked back since.

1 hour ago, Viper63a said:

So no news?

Of course not!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Still waiting... maybe some of us should offer to buy SF2 from the developer and fix it.

• Like 2

I will but the first $10,000 for it. 

• Like 2

On 2/14/2020 at 9:46 AM, streakeagle said:

(1) ... allow TK to market SF2 as a proper Win10 compatible game. Bringing the game up to Windows 10 coding standards also paves the way for future development, should TK believe it may be profitable again.

(2) ... I can't think of a single sim that stepped into the niche that SF2 filled: the Jane's Fighters Anthology lite survey sim.

(3)... presumably most if not all of the previous SF2 mods will still be compatible, maintaining SF2's huge advantage: comprehensive libraries of aircraft, vehicles, ships, and maps from all eras of aviation from WWI to the recent past.

(4) ... If TK could afford to shoe-horn in a newer graphics engine and provide the plugins and tools needed to update existing models and create new, massively updated terrains, he would have a winner.

Absolutely spot on.

Great points IMO.

(1) Yes - and target the new flight simmers. e.g. the many who I assume will migrate from X-Box after the MSFS 2020 X-Box release. They'll be buying new Win 10 machines.

(2) True. And surely the Janes line proved there is a market for that level of play balance?

(3) I was super impressed with the mods at http://yankeeairpirate.net/

(4) IMO, if he added

1. Better lighting/atmospherics
  2. Elevation data - the billiard board terrain doesn't excite folk anymore
  3. More structures
  4. Upgrade the skin res (optional)

and kept all the content the same =  a winner!

To illustrate 1,2 and 3, check out this screen from Project Wingman, made with the Unreal engine. This is what people expect these days.

mig-21-003.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 21.5.2021 at 8:19 PM, JosefK said:

Still waiting... maybe some of us should offer to buy SF2 from the developer and fix it.

I contacted TK (Thirdwire) a long time ago, if he is willing to sell SF2 or parts of it.

But I never got an response. :no:

• Like 1

I´m almost sure that the SFP crew is disbanded. They´re focuses on mobile games.

• Like 1

If it will help,  then yes :pope: :grandpa:

• Haha 1

meh

i saw that message two weeks ago :lol:

seriously though, i believe thats been up there all this year

More than one and a half years have passed
Can we officially call it a fraud?

1 hour ago, MICHOO said:

Just be patient we don't know what is happening the TK said he is going to make it windows 10 compatible, yes it has been more than one year and a half but let give him the benefit of a doubt. he is working on more than one project too. Yes, I am frustrated too but let hope we hear something from him, he deserves that before we start calling it a fraud. he has never been except late on his promises and that is not something new, but he is never a cheater.

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MICHOO said:

Excuse me, if you've got problems with your eyes, then just ignore my rant. Otherwise please consider using the textsize everyone else is using...:blink:

• Like 2

Yes, what Nyghtfall said.

PLEASE use the proper text size and formatting? It's harder than hell to see what's been written, and even harder to edit and bring back to NORMAL size

Quoting the size-offending text a few times is kinda.. snowball-effect ya know :blink: 

:laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Crusader said:

Quoting the size-offending text a few times is kinda.. snowball-effect ya know :blink: 

:laugh:

Maybe the guy notices, that his style is kinda "special" then. :biggrin:

• Haha 3

Oh, no, it's "i have new phone, and i dont now what i'm doing" case. 

Now it should be OK, sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think we need to do more praying 🙏 maybe it will help it has been over two years, let use all gather around for a prayer please. :pope:

• Haha 2