This version of the avionic adds an horizon line and is fully SFP1 compatible.

Note for everyone. I made this messy file,it is my fault, and you use it at your own risk.

Give it a look, hopefully, for craig could be an help should he feel like releasing an update, and for everyone else could be a starting point for debate and further experiment.

Also, what in the hell you used to compress the file? 650mb is the folder for the typhoon and the download was about 48 meg! Impressive compression!

Same pictures.

gallery_8037_43_674.jpg

TWS, with no target in sight

gallery_8037_43_47505.jpg

STT with meteor

gallery_8037_43_56092.jpg

STT with sidewinders.

EDITED: EDITED: EDITED

Actually as Crusader stated, there are some "collateral effects" in having ase_circles used for tags as TWS and actual ase circles.

For example, when you switch to ACM mode, you won't have any ASEcircle showing until you lock a target (i.e go in STT), and then you have ase circles even without a target locked

In TWS too, the label TWS will appear, but no ase circle, again until you lock a target. (IN STT) Then (without target locked )switching to TWS won't show the label TWS, that will appear, with the ASE when you choose an MRM or SRM.

I hope what I wrote makes sense

Further experiment will follow.

I guess this is the best we can get with the current limitations, and I am talking SFP and not WOI.

To have the horizon line available in the EF2000 radar, just copy and paste Radar_HORIZON.tga form cockpit\radar of, for example, the F16A Blk10, and drop this file in cockpit\radar of the typhoon

Typhoon_AVIONICS.zip

Edited by Canadair

Craig you are very selfless. Thanks again for the Typhoon your attention to detail is remarkable.

What if ?????????....among others..... :wink::wink:

IS-Tiffy.jpg

Well..I downloaded it, installed it and it works perfectly giving me a lot of fun, I was even late for poker night yesterday :biggrin:

Thx man, this baby is awsome :yahoo:

Needs more lighting IMO.

I would be glad of your oppinion and advise Julhelm, I'm no seasoned modder like you, I'm still learning.

Well, what I usually do is copy the black lines to a new layer beneath the black and color them white. Then I go over with a small opacity eraser brush to slightly break up both lines, and finally play around with with layer blend properties to get just the kind of panel line definition I want.

Usually it pays off to slightly exaggerate certain details, much like how you'd paint a plastic model.

Ah, you mean in terms of skinning, well then I am just as crap at that as I am at painting models, I'm good with the construction and attention to detail but my painting is just too clean and cartoony, But I do Think Sundowners Skins are superb.

The typhoon is a pretty new airplane, maybe it can be forgiven for having little weathering

Edited by craigbrierley

I knew it, only a matter of time of time before a what if IDF skin poped up, still refreshing to see a new western European aircraft in those colours.

:off_topic: Wish the same IDF skins were available for the MIG series.

Edited by Atreides

Also, what in the hell you used to compress the file? 650mb is the folder for the typhoon and the download was about 48 meg! Impressive compression

Freeware prog called 7zip, handles all compressed file types, zip, rar etc....

Yes what if :biggrin:

img00010yj9.jpg

If I am not mistaken there is a french pilot sitting in there, wearing a Gueneau Bone dome, I want it!

If I am not mistaken there is a french pilot sitting in there, wearing a Gueneau Bone dome, I want it!

Could become a Rafale stand in.

Hmm...French Typhoon. Ouragan II perhaps?

Nice work to both Craig and Sundowner! The plane and skins look amazing. :good:

Over 1000 downloads already.....cant be all that bad....Well done Craig. :clapping:

Damn, This is a real multi-role aircraft in game! with all modes presents in real typhoon!

Over 1000 downloads already.....cant be all that bad....Well done Craig. :clapping:

Beat the F-22 hands down. Bravo...

And that was a tough record to beat.

Still lovin' the Raptor, as it has a nostalgia effect from the early combats sim days, along with this beauty.

Great job on both these excellent jets, gentlemen!

It's hard to believe it has been close to 15 years since we first saw these aircraft in a sim, and they are finally done well!

:good:

And that was a tough record to beat.

Still lovin' the Raptor, as it has a nostalgia effect from the early combats sim days, along with this beauty.

Great job on both these excellent jets, gentlemen!

It's hard to believe it has been close to 15 years since we first saw these aircraft in a sim, and they are finally done well!

:good:

Serious he got more downloads in the 2 days then the F-22 got in 2 weeks and it got a lot. So that says how popular this aircraft is. Just a tremendous effort by Craig and this is his FIRST mod.

I don't know why my AI guys are making smoking holes around the air field like the guys in the Raptors... :blink:

How can I make my AI planes land on a runaway safely?

(I know someone tweaked the [Flight]_data.ini from F-22 so that it makes the Raptors controlled by AIs not crash on the ground.)

IT`s a matter of promotion, we were involved i nevery step that was done by craig, it`s like a damn hot and nice strip... you want more!!!!

Hi has anyone manage to load the drop tanks in WOE....I have added the entry and tried the weaponeditor (It seems to be looking for an INI ?) but still can't get it to show up ? Any ideas ?

I downloaded this absolutely superb machine yesterday. I just can't believe this is a first effort. It looks like you've been doing it for years! I've got both the Alphasim version in MSFS and this one and there's almost nothing to choose between them execpt that you can shoot something down with your one. :good:

I've got just one problem with your aircraft though guys it's just so beautiful I've been afraid to take it into combat for fear of damaging it! :biggrin: