Sign in to follow this  
Murphy'S

The Official Sept/Oct Patch Thread

expected system requirements for next patch:

CPU 64-bit AMD Opteron series 2000 processors; up to 192 per cabinet

Cache (Quad Core) 64k L1 instruction cache64k L1 data cache, 512KB L2 cache per processor core, 2MB shared L3 cache

FLOPS 7 Teraflops per cabinet

Main Memory 4-32 GB Registered ECC DDR2 SDRAM per compute node

Memory Bandwidth 21.2 to 25.6 GB/sec per compute node

Interconnect 1 Cray SeaStar2 + routing and communication ASIC per compute node

6 switch ports per Cray SeaStar2+ chip, 9.6 GB/s each

(57.6 GB/s switching capacity per Cray SeaStar2+ Chip)

3-dimensional Torus interconnect

External I/O Interface Gigabit Ethernet

10 Gigabit Ethernet

Fibre Channel (FC)

InfiniBand (future)

Disk Storage Full line of FC-attached disk arrays with support for FC and SATA disk drives

File System Lustre file system

System Administration Cray System Management Workstation (SMW)

Graphical and command line system administration

Single-system view for system administration

PBS Pro job management system

System software rollback capability

Reliability Features (Hardware) Cray RAS and Management Subsystem (CRMS) with independent 100 Mb/s management fabric between all system blades and cabinet-level controllers

More than 50 measurement points monitored per Cray XT5 system blade

Full Chipkill and ECC memory protection from memory to system registers

Full ECC protection in the Cray SeaStar2+ chip

Redundant power supplies

Redundant voltage regulator modules (VRMs)

Redundant paths to all system RAID

Variable-speed axial turbofan with integrated pressure and temperature sensors

Reliability Features (Software) Simple, lightweight, Linux-based software design

CRMS system monitors operation of all operating system kernels

Lustre file system object storage target failover; Lustre metadata server failover

Software failover for critical system services including system database, system logger, and batch subsystems.

Power 32 - 42.7 kW (32l7 - 43.6 kVA) per cabinet, depending on configuration. Circuit requirements: 80 AMP at 400/480 VAC (3 phase & ground)

Cooling Requirements Air cooled, air flow: 3000 cfm (1.41 m3/s); intake: bottom; exhaust: top

Dimensions (Cabinet) H 80.50 in. (2045 mm) x W 22.50 in. (572 mm) x D 56.75 in. (1441 mm)

Weight (Max) 1529 lbs per cabinet (694 kg)

Acoustical Noise Level 75 dba at 3.3 ft (1.0 m)

Regulatory Compliance UL 60950-1, CAN/CSA - C 22.2 No. 60950-1, CB Scheme Investigation to IEC/EN 60950-1, RoHS, WEEE

Safety FCC Class A, DOC Class A, VCCI Class, CISPR 22, EN 50022 Class A, AS/NZS 3548, EN 50082-1, EN 61000-3-2, EN 61000-3-3, Statskontoret 26.2 Category 1

Oh cool! You mean the next patch will be a multiplayer server edition that will run on Windows 2008 Server. Come to think of it, isn't what you've listed here the minimum requirements for Windows 2008 server anyways? :biggrin:

expected system requirements for next patch:

CPU 64-bit AMD Opteron series 2000 processors; up to 192 per cabinet

Cache (Quad Core) 64k L1 instruction cache64k L1 data cache, 512KB L2 cache per processor core, 2MB shared L3 cache

FLOPS 7 Teraflops per cabinet

Main Memory 4-32 GB Registered ECC DDR2 SDRAM per compute node

Memory Bandwidth 21.2 to 25.6 GB/sec per compute node

Interconnect 1 Cray SeaStar2 + routing and communication ASIC per compute node

6 switch ports per Cray SeaStar2+ chip, 9.6 GB/s each

(57.6 GB/s switching capacity per Cray SeaStar2+ Chip)

3-dimensional Torus interconnect

External I/O Interface Gigabit Ethernet

10 Gigabit Ethernet

Fibre Channel (FC)

InfiniBand (future)

Disk Storage Full line of FC-attached disk arrays with support for FC and SATA disk drives

File System Lustre file system

System Administration Cray System Management Workstation (SMW)

Graphical and command line system administration

Single-system view for system administration

PBS Pro job management system

System software rollback capability

Reliability Features (Hardware) Cray RAS and Management Subsystem (CRMS) with independent 100 Mb/s management fabric between all system blades and cabinet-level controllers

More than 50 measurement points monitored per Cray XT5 system blade

Full Chipkill and ECC memory protection from memory to system registers

Full ECC protection in the Cray SeaStar2+ chip

Redundant power supplies

Redundant voltage regulator modules (VRMs)

Redundant paths to all system RAID

Variable-speed axial turbofan with integrated pressure and temperature sensors

Reliability Features (Software) Simple, lightweight, Linux-based software design

CRMS system monitors operation of all operating system kernels

Lustre file system object storage target failover; Lustre metadata server failover

Software failover for critical system services including system database, system logger, and batch subsystems.

Power 32 - 42.7 kW (32l7 - 43.6 kVA) per cabinet, depending on configuration. Circuit requirements: 80 AMP at 400/480 VAC (3 phase & ground)

Cooling Requirements Air cooled, air flow: 3000 cfm (1.41 m3/s); intake: bottom; exhaust: top

Dimensions (Cabinet) H 80.50 in. (2045 mm) x W 22.50 in. (572 mm) x D 56.75 in. (1441 mm)

Weight (Max) 1529 lbs per cabinet (694 kg)

Acoustical Noise Level 75 dba at 3.3 ft (1.0 m)

Regulatory Compliance UL 60950-1, CAN/CSA - C 22.2 No. 60950-1, CB Scheme Investigation to IEC/EN 60950-1, RoHS, WEEE

Safety FCC Class A, DOC Class A, VCCI Class, CISPR 22, EN 50022 Class A, AS/NZS 3548, EN 50082-1, EN 61000-3-2, EN 61000-3-3, Statskontoret 26.2 Category 1

Hoping someone could clarify what's meant by the references in this thread to opening and saving the weapons file(s) with the Feb 2008 Weapons Editor. Is the proper procedure to just open the WEAPONDATA.INI file in the Weapons editor and then click the [save] button? Or do you need to further open each weapon 1 -by- 1, then click [OK] and then finally click the [save] button?

I'm praying it's the former and not the latter, because this update has already eaten enough of my time. Not that I'm complaining about the final results or anything. :wink:

Hoping someone could clarify what's meant by the references in this thread to opening and saving the weapons file(s) with the Feb 2008 Weapons Editor. Is the proper procedure to just open the WEAPONDATA.INI file in the Weapons editor and then click the [save] button? Or do you need to further open each weapon 1 -by- 1, then click [OK] and then finally click the [save] button?

I'm praying it's the former and not the latter, because this update has already eaten enough of my time. Not that I'm complaining about the final results or anything. :wink:

Actually just open one weapon, its what I do, then hit save.

I just skimmed this entire thread, Still have not found a fix (besides completely disabling) for the airbrakes and canopies staying open. I tried reversing the animation on the mesh it worked but could not deploy manually. :search:

Hello everyone:

This is what it worked for me and, i got to say thanks to wrench for all the advices:

1) Install the WO* game.

2) Patch to the September version.

3) Install the weapons pack (whatever you want, i used bunyap's one).

4) Go to WO*\objects\weapons and remove the WEAPONDATA.DAT

5) Open the latest Weapon Editor and look for the WEAPONDATA.INI

6) On the Weapon Editor, click on save as, and point again to the WEAPONDATA.INI

7) Allow the file to be overwritten (a new WEAPONDATA.DAT file will be created).

8) That's it, now you will have more than 2000 weapons to use, so, go ahead blow up things.

Once again thank you Wrench for all your advice, it was a nice weekend for me (if i can keep my wife beside me, after all the flying hours, hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!)

P.D.

OOOPPSS!!!...............Hope i'm not missing anything here, otherwise don't pay attention to this.............. maybe wrong thread.

Edited by FLOGGER23

I just skimmed this entire thread, Still have not found a fix (besides completely disabling) for the airbrakes and canopies staying open. I tried reversing the animation on the mesh it worked but could not deploy manually. :search:

Veltro...can you attach your data.ini and I'll see if I can take a look...

FastCargo

I've gone through all the motions of patching WoV including adding the latest patch and essential 3rd party addons. Every things works great, however I'm encountering a problem with sound. My problem is when positioned forward in any jet cockpit I don't get any engines sounds. The engine sounds don't kick in untill I pan to the 4 or 8 O'clock positions, even when I have afterburners lit. As well, a sound like movement through air I do get when facing forward, sometimes just cuts out and later cuts in. I can hear all of the radio chatter and radar / avionic warnings just fine. I've tried changing the number of sound channels in WoV, but it's made no difference. The only aircraft that does give me engine sounds while forward facing is Razbams Skyraider, but even for it I get cut outs as I pan my view. I know the engine sound shouldn't be as loud when facing forward in a jet, but no sound can't be right.

I've tried every conceivable configuration for my Sound Blaster Audigy II card to no avail. I do have a bit of an uncommon sound setup in that I use the SB Daughter IO card to connect my PC's audigy card to my home theatre via a fiber optic TOS-Link cable. I've tried switching my home theatre to all of the available sound modes -Dolby PL Music, Dolby PL Movie and standard stereo, but I still get incorrect sound. This is really baffling me because I get perfect sounds with FS 2004 in virtually any sound configuration. Other PC games seem to work fine too.

My system specs:

AMD 64 3200+

Sound Blaster Audigy II

Nividia GS 7600 PCIX w/256 MB

1 Gb DDR2 RAM

200 GB SATA HD

WinXP w/SP2 w/DirectX 9.0c

Edited by Arrow

I've noticed that many of the third party add on aircraft no longer seem to sit on the runways correctly.

They seem to sit higher and seem very light on their feet, also rudder inputs give a lot of roll movement which makes taxing,

take-offs and landings a bit tricky!

The stock aircraft seem to be OK and some third party aircraft are affected more than others.

Anyone else suffered from this?

I've tried every conceivable configuration for my Sound Blaster Audigy II card to no avail.

My system specs:

Lets try the simplest solution, first. Go into Windows Control Panel, select "Sounds and Audio Devices", and click the advanced tab under "Speaker Settings". Once there, make sure that you're using the correct speaker setup. That is, if you have 2 speakers (or a sub with 2 satellites), choose "2 Speakers", or If you have 4 or 4+sub, choose "4" (etc.).

If that doesn't help, Extract the flightengine.ini from the Flightdata.cat, open it up in notepad, and scroll down until you find "SoundSettings". Edit that section to match this example:

[soundSettings]

SampleFrequency=44100

BitsPerSample=32

DopplerFactor=1.0

While it admittedly seems a bit extreme, the latter suggestion has fixed the issue on quite a few systems with high-end sound cards.

Gentlemen.....Ladies.....And everyone else in here that I may have missed.........

The info you have provided across the board has been invaluable in getting me back in the cockpit and once more blowing the bejeezus out of some virtual badguys.

To one and all.......

Thank You.

Nightshade

I like the new HighSky colorations:

A ASAT shot in game (no corrections applied):

gallery_12105_43_36800.jpg

And the real thing:

gallery_12105_43_53350.jpg

Not bad...not bad at all...

FastCargo

Lets try the simplest solution, first. Go into Windows Control Panel, select "Sounds and Audio Devices", and click the advanced tab under "Speaker Settings". Once there, make sure that you're using the correct speaker setup. That is, if you have 2 speakers (or a sub with 2 satellites), choose "2 Speakers", or If you have 4 or 4+sub, choose "4" (etc.).

If that doesn't help, Extract the flightengine.ini from the Flightdata.cat, open it up in notepad, and scroll down until you find "SoundSettings". Edit that section to match this example:

[soundSettings]

SampleFrequency=44100

BitsPerSample=32

DopplerFactor=1.0

While it admittedly seems a bit extreme, the latter suggestion has fixed the issue on quite a few systems with high-end sound cards.

Aha, now something like this was what I was looking for!

My speakers as set under Sound and Audio devices are correct. In fact the Creative Audio Console has a feature that allows you to auto link the Windows speaker selection with the CMSS (Creative Media Surround Sound) 3D setting menu. Such that when you turn off all CMSS features the speakers selected will be 2 desktop speakers and if you enable the highest CMSS2 setting, the speakers selected will be 5.1, etc... I checked to confirm it each time and the corresponding speaker setting was correct.

I'm well aware that my sound card isn't capable of processing a sampling frequency of less than 44.1 Khz. I remember this being an issue in Flight Simulator 2002 -fixed in FS2004 and FSX- where you needed to change a setting in a CFG file from 22000 to 44100. Hopefully this will do the trick; I'll try it as soon as I can.

aaaawwwwggghhhh i want HighSky! :cray:

Guest pfunkmusik

CAS missions in campaign mode have a new glitch in WOE. If you fly the route all the way in, there is no battle in progress and no FAC aircraft. If you Alt-N, the battle is in progress.

I have tried this with a completely clean install, patched up to Sept 08. No mods, stock as a clock.

pfunk

CAS missions in campaign mode have a new glitch in WOE. If you fly the route all the way in, there is no battle in progress and no FAC aircraft. If you Alt-N, the battle is in progress.

I have tried this with a completely clean install, patched up to Sept 08. No mods, stock as a clock.

pfunk

Are you flying totally manually, or letting the auto-pilot fly? You may have to hit a certain TOT...

aaaawwwwggghhhh i want HighSky! :cray:

You mean, you want widesky compatibility with the new "high sky"? That's easy, Sid. Just integrate Cellinsnky's sun, cloud, and lighting values into the SP5 Environmentsystem.ini.

Guest pfunkmusik
Are you flying totally manually, or letting the auto-pilot fly? You may have to hit a certain TOT...

Hunh. Wow. TK's really gotten strict about TOT.

pfunk

It did happen before the patch though. Go too quick and you'll miss the target. Too slow and everyone's a crater.

man i have been having nothing but problems with the patch. my controls are all out of whack now too. and when i go back in and edit them, it seems like it never gets saved, and reverts back to being screwed up. i noticed that they all moved up 2 spots somewhere in the View Controls area. ive tired deleting the control file, putting in a stock woe file, remapping my keys, everything. it always goes back to the funky controls. this is really pissin me off.

This will happen if you move your old pre-patch aircraftobject ini into your new patched game, lots of people are transfering files from their old modded folders, you have to be extremely carful if you choose to do that. Copy the ini put, it somewhere safe then delete it from your objects folder. that should fix it .

Hey all,

I've finally got both my WOV and WOE installs back to where they were after starting from scratch with the new patches. Haven't had much of a chance to actually fly and enjoy the sim yet, but I'm getting really close.

So far there are only 3 things I haven't been able to resolve.

1. The first (and second, sort of) has to do with the Highway Runway Mod for WOE. Is this compatible with the latest patch? I'm blowing up on the runway when the mission starts, similar to what happens when you don't point to the correct terrain CAT file, however, in this case the new runway is a .ini file placed in the terrain folder and the airbase and runway are there. For some reason, though I explode. I don't know if it has something to do with the height offset thingy that has changed, but I don't really know much about that. If anyone could try the highway runway mod and help me out with this, I would really appreciate it.

2. EDIT - Figured it out. Accidentally lost some skins when copying and overwriting folders. Also slightly related to the highway mod - I noticed when I was looking around after my harrier blew up that some of the ground objects were missing skins. I believe one was a fuel truck/pickup truck looking thing, and the other were these bigger guys:

img00002-2.jpg

I don't know if any other ground objects are missing skins, but I haven't noticed any. Are these stock objects, or are they specific to the highway runway mod? I'm not sure how I ended up with missing vehicle skins, since I didn't really mess with ground objects too much.

3. The VF-84 skin is missing its decals on the MF F-14A. Any idea what's going on here? The folder looks intact...

img00001-1.jpg

Any help is appreciated!!!

reason for edit - figured out number 2!

Edited by malibu43

1. Think the highway mod has old ini files with it - if you just installed the whole lot then have a look what inis its put in and remove them - you would then need to see whats been changed in them - then add those lines only to correct ini files that you will have to extract.

3. Have a look in the decals.ini file for the skin - are the paths correct?

I think decals that use Level 1 have been changed -- my F4U-4B mod (based off the TMF F4U-7) was mssing the "NAVY VF-53" tag on the fueselage. It had been set to level 1, which used to be 'squadron makings'. Setting it Level 0 broght it back to all planes.

But, definatley check the FilenameFormat= lines in the decals ini; some don't have the full path name in, and it seems like it wants it now

Wrench

kevin stein

1. Think the highway mod has old ini files with it - if you just installed the whole lot then have a look what inis its put in and remove them - you would then need to see whats been changed in them - then add those lines only to correct ini files that you will have to extract.

3. Have a look in the decals.ini file for the skin - are the paths correct?

1. Sorry, should have explained more. I have forest and farms installed, so, as per the readme, I copied and pasted the new entries from the types.ini and targets.ini and added them to the new extracted ones from the patch. I also copied all the other included files, excluded germany_roadSH.tod and .bmp since I don't have duece's tiles install (agian, per the readme). However, I didn't do anything with the data.ini that came with the mod since I have the data.ini for forest and farms. But I did compare it to the data.ini from forest and farms. There were countless differences, but I didn't see anything specific to keeping the aircraft from blowing up on the runway. However, I'm not really familiar with terrain data editing at all, so it may be there and I just missed it. I had this installed with forest and farms before the patch and it worked fine. Has anyone else tried it with the new patch?

2. The path file in decals.ini looks correct: F-14A\VF84-FC\D\xxxxx. And to wrench, there are no decals with level 1, only 0 and 2. Is that an issue?

I think decals that use Level 1 have been changed -- my F4U-4B mod (based off the TMF F4U-7) was mssing the "NAVY VF-53" tag on the fueselage. It had been set to level 1, which used to be 'squadron makings'. Setting it Level 0 broght it back to all planes.

But, definatley check the FilenameFormat= lines in the decals ini; some don't have the full path name in, and it seems like it wants it now

Wrench

kevin stein

good to know - may explain a few things :)