Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Shooting at Ft Hood Texas

13 dead now.

It's hard to believe that even as an officer that he had a weapon and ammo. Only MPs are armed and most of them barely. Almost certainly privately owned firearm. Glad the bastard is dead, but I'd have loved to personally waterboard him for a few weeks.

It's hard to believe that even as an officer that he had a weapon and ammo. Only MPs are armed and most of them barely. Almost certainly privately owned firearm. Glad the bastard is dead, but I'd have loved to personally waterboard him for a few weeks.

Waterboarding is waaaay too nice. Honestly there are saner ways of dodging a deployment...

But thanks guys, I honestly wasn't near anywhere near there so that was the good thing.

I had a discussion on another board with a guy who defended Hasan's actions cuz people were verbally abusing him over his last name. No excuse, period. I feel horrible for our soldiers who died and were wounded cuz this guy couldn't maintain his professionalism. I hope they hang him, in public for all to see. It may stop the next one who thinks about doing this.

This weeks not been a good week what with British troops shot in Afghanistan by a so called friendly afghan of the ANP . And now this at Fort Hood , its a tragedy . My thoughts to all the family and friends

The Mungo

Just heard they got Hasan alive, and that he was indeed as psicologist. Did you get anything on this there?

latest i heard is that he was a shrink at Walter Reed last 6 years. pcs'd to Hood and was about to deploy. was a muslim and disagreed with the wars over here. buncha folks upset over here know lotta folks outta Hood round here.

Horrible.....

Condoleances,

Derk

Horrible.....

Condoleances,

Derk

I add my condoleances to the families. RIP to the men murdered.

I worry that life will be a little more difficult for the muslims still serving in the US Armed Forces because of this. As I recall, this is the second muslim Army soldier to go on such a rampage. Thirteen dead, as many as 30 wounded and the gunman, though wounded four times has survived. Actually, this is a good thing. No martyrdom for this creep, just a cell for the rest of his natural born life. All four other detainees have been released after questioning. Appears to be lone shooter using private guns and ammo.

I am a bit upset that this guy joined the USArmy after high school (son of Palestine refugees here in America), was educated by the military, made an officer, recently promoted to Major, had never served a tour in Iraq or Afganistan, was actively seeking to not serve in those areas, and there were signs along the way that he wasn't playing with a full deck. So who was responsible for just passing this guy along and who gave him the ratings to get to the position he was in????

It is amazing, frustrating, and infuriating to consider all of the little things not done that have added up to empowering this murderer to commit this tragedy. Once again, my prayers are for the families of the victims.

Edited by Jug

It would be easy to point the finger at him being Muslim.. but I've seen non-Muslim Soldiers flip out and not want to go either. One Soldier from a different unit while I was in 'ghan broke down at the gate of our FOB just like that, with his wife in the same unit (MP unit). Matter of fact when we were flying out of Germany a Soldier had to be restrained because he didn't want to go. So while there are reasons people don't want to go... most have had the sense not to go on a shooting spree. Pretty retarded to do that.

But the overall point is that while they may have seen the signs, most people work it out in their own ways. I know I had to accept the fact that I may be killed when I was in Iraq, and had to do a little bit more in Afghanistan, but everybody has their way of dealing with it. But unfortunately this nut couldn't do it the right way, peaceful protest or going AWOL are better options.

Attempting to find reason in the mind of a lunatic is usually a fruitless exercise. Best to just euthanize them.

RIP to the victims of this attack. Condolences and prayers for the families.

Western armed forces need to think about foreign personnel.

Layoff the Goddamn crack will ya !

Edited by Atreides

According to Fox, at 0804, they've got him in custody. Lots of stuff starting to come out. Single shooter, suspected. May have been shouting "Allah Akbar"...May be BS.

Very sad news indeed. RIP :salute:

I dont know what to say.

In a way I hopes this was "just" a lunatic which went crazy. Not funny if Al Quada has infiltraited the armed forces...

His relatives are saying he was being harrassed for being Muslim by soldiers, bull f***ing s**t, and I will tell you why. The Armed Forces don't play that crap now. If he was being harrassed, all he had to do is report it. It would of opened a can of worms you wouldn't believe. MEO would of been all in that units grill he was in. Today climate in the military takes MEO complaints to an almost insane level of no tolerance. Those of you who are in no what I mean. Its a "we aren't playing if you disparage a race, color or religion." His family is trying to make excuses for the fact he was yelling Allah Akbar. I hope he lives and spends the rest of his life in jail.

In a way I hopes this was "just" a lunatic which went crazy. Not funny if Al Quada has infiltraited the armed forces...

There was more than one gunman, which makes this even more disturbing. This could have been much worse if they had gotten their hands on serious hardware.

RIP :salute:

is multiple gunmen confirmed??? In Danish news they talk about one gunman only. But sometimes they are not fast and acurate

His family is trying to make excuses for the fact he was yelling Allah Akbar. I hope he lives and spends the rest of his life in jail.

Hopefully he'll get some "unofficial" punishment in prison for the his remaining days along with the other two nutbar reiligous fanatics.

is multiple gunmen confirmed??? In Danish news they talk about one gunman only. But sometimes they are not fast and acurate

there was only the one. Early reports were of multiple but those others taken into custody have been cleared and released. The reports of multiple were probably because the one guy hit two places.

there was only the one. Early reports were of multiple but those others taken into custody have been cleared and released. The reports of multiple were probably because the one guy hit two places.

this is good news at least... Multiple gunmen would have been really serious. Now the the scenario could be a nutcase like those High school shooters.