Its nice but in the end of the are we sight seeing or shooting down Migs?

Without question no.2!!!

Therefore my wishlist:

1. Wingmen who do what they're told!

2. Communication and commands to other flights

3. Enemy AI planes with limited fuel quantity! (I mean: now they can flee in 'burner for hours!!! :fool: )

(But somehow I'm just thinking right now that Wrench's Grandma was very wise... )

I want to be able to have a good dogfight sim, I am not worried about the eye candy. Its nice but in the end of the are we sight seeing or shooting down Migs?

False dilemma. We should be able to have both. After all, SSAO is standard feature in games these days. It is also substantially easier to add compared to gameplay features.

back to the wish list bit..........

1 more skins for the ARN101 Phantoms( maybe some Seymour Johnson , maybe some TuAF)

2 definitely Block 40 and higher Vipers

3 C-54. be nice for Operation Vittles to turn to Hot Chow!grin.gif

Simple 1.) A2G turrets 2.) Working FACs

I'll go with that man, and you're able to be the FAC :good:

Edited by EricJ

List from the little old me...

1. Arrow (I Know its a Whatif...)

2. This one is on the way

3. Dedicated Recon Jets RF-8's

To be honest the way people produce addons for this I am completely stunned... its wonderful that we have some amazing addons due... And like Dave I want a good dogfight sim if I want a Technical Sim I will fly Falcon 4... also my thanks to all who make these wishes come true :clapping:

Edited by Slartibartfast

I'd like to see mixed ground formations. it would be nice to see APCs and tanks with some AAA and or Command vehicles in ground attack missions.I would like to have to try and pic out the priority targets and have to watchout for AA while doing CAS missions.

so, if we don't keep this just to planes:

1) modern 3D Mission Editor

2) modern 3D Terrain Editor

3) modern 3D Targetareas Editor

something in style of Janes' ATF/FA, USAF, or IL21946 would do just fine, compared to what's available now :heat:

I'd like to see mixed ground formations. it would be nice to see APCs and tanks with some AAA and or Command vehicles in ground attack missions.I would like to have to try and pic out the priority targets and have to watchout for AA while doing CAS missions.

it's the case in campaign on cas mission in sf2e

the tanks are very often covered by sam8

something in style of Janes' ATF/FA, USAF, or IL21946 would do just fine, compared to what's available now

!!! HERE HERE!!!

For without the playground, what good is having all the other toys??

I used to be able to get the FA mission builder to stand up and sing the National Anthem - ANY National Anthem!

I'll second the TE, and add 'with substantialy incresed zoom levels' .. like 4-10 time more than we have, down to the level of tile grouping of 4-12 individual units.

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

I'll second the TE, and add 'with substantialy incresed zoom levels' .. like 4-10 time more than we have, down to the level of tile grouping of 4-12 individual units.

exactly what 3D implies Wrench :smile:

4-12 units? I was placing mooses on Kurile Isles in ATF! :rofl:

old times...

so, if we don't keep this just to planes:

something in style of Janes' ATF/FA, USAF, or IL21946 would do just fine, compared to what's available now :heat:

That's all I'm concerned with anymore, or even just an IL2 or CFS3 style dogfight oriented mission editor. Otherwise a real F-18C and D just about completes the stable.

1. I'll second the MF F-14B/D

2. New Mirage F-1's (Both Cyrano IV and Aida II noses)

3. An MC-130H Combat Talon II

Seeing as the F-14's are already in the works I'd like to change my #1 to the Tu-22M-3 Backfire C.

1322233.jpg

1. A quick mission editor: choose planes, map, mission type and hit fly

2. A mission video recorder (don't you like those fan made movies?)

3. Real recon mission, not just fly above the target at 500 kts and run. Also better CAS would be nice

As for planes, well if a plane hasn't already been modded... I can do it myself ;)

Since it is rather inappropriate to begin the first post ever with a wish, I start with a big thanks to all modders. Being a modder myself (for the Total War series; Rise of Persia to be precise) I know the dedication it takes…

My wishes:

1) F-104G with high-res pit on SF2 level; it was the most important NATO-bird after all

2) New high-res F-4F skins; I only know the old ones from the F-4F pack for SF1, and they don’t fit 100% (dispensers e.g.), moreover the Norm 81 camo-pattern is a bit too … ‘wavy’ – if that is an understandable word.

3) A mission video recorder

If those wishes were fulfilled already, please tell me. I have unsucessfully searched the DL-center.

regards

3. An MC-130H Combat Talon II

Interesting...might have a look at that.

1: SAR missions.......bring the pilots back after bailout!

2:better FAC.....mark the targets and the AI will ACTUALLY attack them!

3: COMMS.....i grit my teeth everytime my wingie says "negative,unable to reply" after turning him loose and then ask him to rejoin when i need help!

overall i'm EXTREMELY happy with whats going on. i have a tough time keeping track of all the mods i have!

:good::drinks:

....oh yeah....a Balkan Terrain would be nice also,so i can fly the Tomcats of the VF-41 Black Aces from the Roosevelt into Kosovo! :drinks:

1-More detailed single mission options, like your airbase, target types and location, enemy planes and squadrons.

2-Aircraft carriers as pilot's airbase on single mission screen. :good:

1- New terrain engine (wings of prey quality).

2- Mirage 2000 family (Mirage Factory HD quality).

3- Rafale (Mirage Factory HD quality).

Ludo

what happened to the anatolian terrain?

Still WIP

my wishlist:

Better Terrain (as Ludo says)

SU-25 Family

SU-22 Family

revised wishlist:

1) better terrain engine (we know of what "Wings of..." quality) with actual roads ground units could follow, and destructable, collidable buildings that consist of more than 5 faces :sad:

2) ability to apply normalmaps on older LODs without the need of rewoking them, preferably via objectname.ini texture pointers

3) AN ACTUAL WAR going on below, with moving tanks and APCs in the fields and on roads, naval activity including submarines, artillery pieces shelling targets, helicopters on fac/sar/medevac/recon, cargo planes flying from bases, conwoy columns, troops, be it even EAW or Gunship style animated sprites, that have portable MANPADs aimed at you or jumping from burning trucks (all hail Rowan's Mig Alley), put here what you've seen in other titles...

oh, did I mentioned helicopters? You know those little noisy plane-wannabees :rofl: with rotor on top..? Have been around in active service at least since 1940s...

And some nice Mig-15, Mig-19 and Mig-23 cockpits of SF2 quality could be nice too...

Ok, rant off, I ate to much yesterday :heat:

revised wishlist:

1) better terrain engine (we know of what "Wings of..." quality) with actual roads ground units could follow, and destructable, collidable buildings that consist of more than 5 faces :sad:

2) ability to apply normalmaps on older LODs without the need of rewoking them, preferably via objectname.ini texture pointers

3) AN ACTUAL WAR going on below, with moving tanks and APCs in the fields and on roads, naval activity including submarines, artillery pieces shelling targets, helicopters on fac/sar/medevac/recon, cargo planes flying from bases, conwoy columns, troops, be it even EAW or Gunship style animated sprites, that have portable MANPADs aimed at you or jumping from burning trucks (all hail Rowan's Mig Alley), put here what you've seen in other titles...

oh, did I mentioned helicopters? You know those little noisy plane-wannabees :rofl: with rotor on top..? Have been around in active service at least since 1940s...

And some nice Mig-15, Mig-19 and Mig-23 cockpits of SF2 quality could be nice too...

Ok, rant off, I ate to much yesterday :heat:

I second that :good:. I'm seriously hoping we'll see at least a small fraction of these features in the upcoming F-14 Tomcat game!

EDIT: Well, at least as far as new terrain engine plus ground/naval battles go...

Edited by SFP1Ace