Sign in to follow this  
DukeIronHand

P4 DEVELOPMENT SCREENSHOTS Discussion

I started a campaign in June (spent 3 weeks in hospital due to crash) and I'm now in July and after 5 missions not one sunny day - just rain and low cloud cover. :mad:

Change the weather from Historical to AI Weather generated in the Workshop maybe if you want to see more bright days. The war years were very bad weather.

Change the weather from Historical to AI Weather generated in the Workshop maybe if you want to see more bright days. The war years were very bad weather.

Thanks for the tip Polovski and I must see I am really enjoying OFF - keep up the good work!

Is that your Alsace pilot you're talking about, Shiloh?

Cause my pilots based in the area between Lille and St. Quentin usually had fine weather

in July, if it wasn't my OFF-enthusiasm playing tricks on my mind.

:grin:

Is that your Alsace pilot you're talking about, Shiloh?

Cause my pilots based in the area between Lille and St. Quentin usually had fine weather

in July, if it wasn't my OFF-enthusiasm playing tricks on my mind.

:grin:

It's my RNAS-3 pilot stationed in St-Pol-Sur-mer. I flew another mission yesterday with my Jasta 32 pilot in Morchingen - April 9, 1916 albeit - and it rained again. I'm sure the sun will shine on me gain eventually. :grin:

I've just got to May 1916, in Flanders, flying from Hesdigneul , and it was a pretty grey spring for me too. Last few days have been quite pleasant, though.

Wow.

Well, the Devs know best. Like a fool I thought the Devs should consider Cliffs of Dover as a new engine for some future iteration of OFF. Well CoD has turned out to be a total disaster, meanwhile P4 appears to be shaping up beautifuly with some of the most organic looking scenery anywhere. Pardon me while I eat my words. *munch munch*

Keep up the fantastic work guys.

Hellshade

What can I say... :good:

I can't wait! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I'm running out of words here... :clapping:

The scenery and clouds look absolutely fantastic!

From Londinium to London in two years, Winder - what a city this is now; wow!

And your clouds seem to have got even so much softer - they are looking better than the real ones.

And those new cockpit interiours - real metal framed gauges on solid quality wood - boy, they make it hard to wait!

zowie!......love the cable wrap.......and the cows!

improvements over P3 are clearly visible Pol, love the new cockpits :clapping:

any word on FM and DM improvements?

(and please do something about the tracers :wink: )

Thanks for the great views!

I've seen cows in other sims but they were just 2D--fly over them and they were as thin as a piece of paper. These 3D cows have a much better appearance!

One of my favorite things about OFF is all the subtle weather-affected scenery. For instance, in that first shot, there's just a very light dusting of snow on the ground. Plus, there are four seasons. This seems to be an impossibility with other sims and I enjoy the effort OFF has taken to provide them all.

Can I get a steak as well ??? Damn these are looking extremely wondrous... :drinks:

I don't fancy chasing that twin gunned Bristol!!!!

Please can you post the spec of your PC, Pol. I have a very bad feeling - matched by an absence of cash - that my existing rig simply won't be able to run P4...

As C. Montgomery Rothschilde Schicklegruber Burns might say, "Excellent!"

Stary, check out Creaghorn for his excellent tracer and effects mod that eliminates the baseball sized tracers.

Please can you post the spec of your PC, Pol. I have a very bad feeling - matched by an absence of cash - that my existing rig simply won't be able to run P4...

Bumped Just for future reference, all I want to know is will we be able to continue to use our present video cards and processors?

Inquiring minds..

I'd like to know too ;). Seriously it would be daft to post system specs and requirements at this stage as P4 is still in development we are still adding and optimising. Also these pictures are taken with various settings and on more than 1 PC.

When we have a good idea of all the ins and outs, you will know.

Yes my system is a good one although by no means the best, and I think P4 runs better than P3 for me, WM has tested with various and with a slightly older video card and it works well. As with HITR a good amount of video ram (1GB+) will be a good idea but specifics at this stage we cannot say.

I really love the clouds that we have in this game. They are so much better than IL2-1946 clouds which look like cotton balls to me. The colours ( yes stupid spell check that is how most Canadians prefer to spell color.) that we get in the clouds with the sun rising or setting is just amazing. The scenery in my opinion is just awesome. Haven't tried the other WW1 sim to compare, but I am happy as a pig in schitt with OFF and see no need to change. Keep up the tremendous work fellas we all appreciate it even if we don't always say so. Thanks!!