Stary

SF2: North Atlantic product page up!

Oh, I seriously got annoyed when I saw this and found no buy button...

But the day is long. I dont think there is much left to wait now.

Can't wait! Ever so slightly disappointed that there's no F-4N or F-4S but there's so many positives on the Soviet side of the menu to look forward to.

Oh, I seriously got annoyed when I saw this and found no buy button...

But the day is long. I dont think there is much left to wait now.

I hope you're right...

As far as I remember, TK have never published a store page before the game is actually avalible.

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that the new terrain is just that... new features that don't and won't exist in the old terrains. Yet, the new engine will support the old terrains to permit merging/backwards compatibility with previous mods. As I understand it from TK's previous discussions about improving the terrain engine and the tradeoffs it requires: needs more resources (double the RAM requirements in the hardware specs!) and smaller maps to permit higher detail with the limitation that the more the map looks like high-end first person shooter games the closer in size it will be to such games with corresponding horzion/fog limits.

While I would prefer maps like Vietnam/Thailand with 1:1 scale, accurately placed bases, and aerial refueling... SF2 is heading in the direction of an island in the middle of nowhere... like OFP/ArmA series. Ok for shooters, not much fun for recreating historical missions. But backwards compatibility with the older terrains means you can pick you poison: latest graphics with small detailed map or the old ugly graphics but nearly full size terrains. As long as that option exists, I am OK with the new stuff.

So is that the case? the new terrain engine wont handle maps that are the size we are accustomed to? I know the horizon draw distance is reduced.... but full sized maps are out of the question?

He never said it couldn't handle full-size maps, he only said they couldn't afford to make full-size maps with this increased visual detail.

WARNING: This game does not work on Windows XP or on DX9-class video cards! You must have Windows Vista or later, and a DX10-class video card (nVidia GeForce 8-series or better, or AMD HD2000 or better)

What a d...mn sh.t!

First i have to wait without end till it is released, and then it wont run on my system.

What a d...mn sh.t!

First i have to wait without end till it is released, and then it wont run on my system.

Good that I switched over to Win7 a few month ago...

Yup...probably in the evening... :grin:

I hope.

Still @ work till 6:00pm

Isn't that correct for the A model?

FC

Wasn't A model fitted with AN/APR-45 RWR?

maybe we'll get audio only?

Wasn't it in GIB's compartment?

I think the biggest thing I've noticed about the pit are the lack of the ECM Warning and Approach lights on the left and right front canopy frame. The lack of the pilot's RHAW display is accurate for the F-14A; To display ECM data, the pilot must view it on his Horizontal Situation Display (where you see the "radar" or TID Repeat in the screen shots), while the RIO can set his Multiple Display Indicator Group to ECM mode.

don't forget in object.ini there is a f-14A and a f-14A_77 (altought it's strange the us didn't equip this plane after all the mess of the vietnam war), maybe it will be in the _77 pit (if there is one of course)

Edited by Murphy'S

IIRC, the MFD could switch from radar to RWR, maybe it was this way for the early Tomcats

I wonder... we gain much in naval side of war apparently, but how much do we loose in ground based warfare?

Edited by Stary

Hello friends

Does anyone know how will be the installation of Strike Fighters 2 of the North Atlantic? Do you have a separate facility or installed in series 2 games you already have on your computer?

I have all the series 2 games installed.

regards

IIRC, the MFD could switch from radar to RWR, maybe it was this way for the early Tomcats

That is the case (mentioned earlier). From NATOPS:

"The MDIG provides the pilot and RIO with navigation, tactical, or ECM data in alphanumeric and symbolic form. The MDIG is composed of the pilot’s horizontal situation display, the RIO’s electronic countermeasures display and a processor. The HSD displays all three types of data but the ECMD is capable of displaying only navigation and ECM data. The HSD and ECMD can simultaneously display the same data or each can present different data. However, when both indicators operate in the navigation mode and any one of four submodes, they display data for the same submode."

The HSD had multiple modes, to include TID Repeat (radar), ECM display, and navigation. Though I do wonder which of these (or all?) TK implemented?

Edit: I can't navigate the TW site.

Edited by Julhelm