Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Geary, are you really sure it's off - and not just the notifications/settings turned off?  Did you disable it using the security policy editor and ensure it's actually disabled?  Also, try to move the program to the root, like C: drive and try to manually register the .dlls using regsvr/regsvr32.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the input gents but I've got it fixed.

 

The event log identified a Nvidia .dll as the culprit.

 

It seemed to be missing from the folder it was being called out of.

 

I placed the .dll in the folder, rebooted and viola, Bob's your aunt. ( He used to be your uncle but since the sex change operation she prefers to go by Roberta.)  The times, they are a-changing. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mue,

 

Back again for the reload shortcut key, both for the skin as well as the ini.  Doing min max boxes and would be cool to be able to select a key and the current ini selected reloads in the tool.

 

Is there a way to copy the position data to copy?  Again just easier to select info for min max boxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 10107 said:

Hi Mue,

 

Back again for the reload shortcut key, both for the skin as well as the ini.  Doing min max boxes and would be cool to be able to select a key and the current ini selected reloads in the tool.

 

Is there a way to copy the position data to copy?  Again just easier to select info for min max boxes.

If you want the Mix/Max position data of a specific mesh just highlight it in the upper left box and then with the mouse cursor over the selected coordinates his Ctrl+C, then past it with Ctrl+V. Any point you have the mouse on in the view window with visible mesh under it can be save in the same way. Also if you want you can use the "Write Info File..." function in the File menu to get all min/max data for the entire LOD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, didn't think of just trying the Cntrl + C.  Works, thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i cant seem to get the 3D view to rotate

i have the mouse clicked but the thing wont move at all

EDIT: ...nevermind i got it working you have to press ALT GR first

Edited by Tony_Spike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dosen't the ALT key allow rotation in all directions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2015 at 10:10 PM, RAVEN said:

I thinks this is getting off track! Mue you made a very nice and much needed lod viewer. I'm content to use it as intended, to view lod's only.

Thank you for making it.

Me as well Mue, I love your tool and it has been a great help for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

top left tool bar are left right top and bottom snap views...box frames with grey ends owhich denote direction of view..been there since day 1 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mue,

 

Is it possible to add a function that allows node name in a lod file to be renamed? 

Many old mods have repeated node names within a model which stops modders to add new functions. if a node name can be changed in the model, it will add many possibilities to the modding community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, orsin said:

Hi Mue,

 

Is it possible to add a function that allows node name in a lod file to be renamed? 

Many old mods have repeated node names within a model which stops modders to add new functions. if a node name can be changed in the model, it will add many possibilities to the modding community.

That is simple to do with a hex editor. Just make sure you do not change file size. And be sure to back up the file first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, KJakker said:

That is simple to do with a hex editor. Just make sure you do not change file size. And be sure to back up the file first.

I opened the lod file in HEX editor and cannot find any meaningful letters that refer to the node name. Is there a particular encoding that I should be using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Use the LODViewer to find the node name. Then search with the hex editor to find the node name and change it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..