Fubar512

David Bowie passes away at 69

Very sad news, indeed.

I still remember him playing Starman on Top of the Pops and Lift Off with Ayshea.

I thought at the time, "What the hell is this", but I was completely hooked.

• Like 1

:( :( This is very sad. Bowie the legend. RIP sir:(

• Like 1

When I initially saw this in the news, I had been hoping it was another one of those celebrity death hoaxes.  Didn't know the man had cancer.  Sad to him go.  May he rest in peace.

• Like 1

RIP to the one of the most inteligent and obvious artist.

• Like 1

Yet another moment when we realize, that our icons are very mortal and yes they can get old...  Unbelievable still.

RIP.

• Like 1

Another icon gone...

• Like 1

Yet another moment when we realize, that our icons are very mortal and yes they can get old...  Unbelievable still.

RIP.

It especially hits home for someone who's been listening to his work since 1972, as I have.  I wasn't even 14 yet when I received my first component stereo in June of that year, and started listening to  the various "AOR" (Album Oriented Rock) stations that were on the FM band in the New York City area. Bowie was just hitting his stride back then, and was getting almost constant airplay.

• Like 1

Sad news indeed, if I am correct he used to do drugs in his early career and he was spaced out for a while until he got himself together again and started to come up with more hits. I knew that he had health issues but cancer is one thing you have got to fight hard to get rid of and it seems that he lost his 18 month battle with this disease. I believe that he was also a heavy smoker during the more stressful parts of his life and that does'nt help. One of my old mates at work died through lung cancer which was brought on by smoking, the cancer had spread from his lungs into nearby tissues and he was his hanging on to life for about a year or so before he keeled over. He used to frequently say to me ''Rusty don't ever ever do drugs or take up smoking, that's what has done me in '' he was crying when he said it, because he knew he was finished. So very sad.

Rest in Peace David Bowie, you were an icon and a genius.

• Like 1

Sad and that album edition tell me that he new his had very little time and want to go out whit a bang!

and he did RIP!

• Like 1

We lost one more of the greats....we are getting older,we are getting old but we will carry artists like Bowie with us and with a bit of luck and search from the new generations many of those great artists will keep on living

• Like 1

RIP - Bit before my time but got the greatest hits in the 90s - his music was just great.

One of my Faves 

• Like 2

He was a genius, today's music pales in comparison to his greatness. He will me missed. 

Greatest.

Very sad news for today.

RIP.

Ground Control to Major Tom.....

Edited by yakarov79
  • Like 1

Kinda makes you wonder..in 40 years time..will there be the death of an icon in this league?...can't see it

• Like 1

Don't usually take notice when a celebrity dies but I really do feel the world lost something today, just that little bit darker.

Craig 

• Like 1

A great innovator who embraced all forms of music and people from hard rock, soul, funk, disco, pop, and R&B.

God bless you Ziggy Stardust!

Edited by ironroad
  • Like 1

I suspect too much red dye number 2 in his hair during his Ziggy Stardust days. One of my favorite albums for nearly 2 decades I should add.

I believe he was a producer for Iggy Pop, Mott the Hoople and ?

So where are the Spiders ?

CL

• Like 1

Very sad,first I noticed was a tribute to him on tv...I thought,why...then saw news....he was a music legend and a trailblazer in his genre and he gave birth to a new style of music,im sure nealry everyone liked his contributions.

• Like 1