Sign in to follow this  
Dave

I Passed......

1C3X1?

In Star Wars, Chapter IV, "A New Hope", don't two storm troopers discuss that while Obi Wan is trying to make his way past them to deactivate the force field that's preventing the Millennium Falcon from escaping? I could've sworn that one storm trooper turned to the other and said; "Have you seen that new 1C3X1?" :rolleyes:

Just messing with ya, Dave. Congrats on a job well done.

Sierra Hotel!! Good job and I know that it means a lot!

Best of luck for the next step!

:good:

Guest 531_Ghost

And to think I thought you passed gas or sumpthin'. I was gonna reply, yeah, so, nothin' new here, carry on. But NO, you had to reach a milestone in your career! CONGRATS Dave!

Congrats, and thanks for your hardwork and dedication!

Congratulations and may you be very sober for the morning after the day after the night of celebrating!!

Congrat Dave!

I'm glad you posted the job description...save me from asking!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Congrat's USAFMTL ! So, does that mean you get to have 1st Lt's as Hors d'œuvre's ? :biggrin:

Way to go Dave! I know all about the crazy amount of studying that needs to be done. I was just awarded my 7 level for Fighter Aircraft Maintenance Craftsman (2A373) in September. This is the second time I've had to do it since I took an 11 year break in service and had to start back at 3 level in 05.

Now, do you have your course 09 done yet? :wink:

I'm taking a break from all the studying and holding off on the course 09 for now.

Congratulations man. :clapping:

Congratulations Dave! Wonderful news. I'm sure the test was very tough.

Sincerely,

Edward

good job m8 and GRATZ!!!!!! no get drunk as hell(by now prolly already done) and wake up 2days from now with a well deserved hang over

Yes I passed my 7 level upgrade training today......man talk about a stress relief...so I am the USAF's newest 1C371 Command and Control Craftsman....

I am so happy at this mile stone in my career, you all just don't know the joy I am feeling right now. I wanted to share it with all of you.....

Well done mate. I know I couldn't have done it no matter what was involved!!!!

Guys, you are looking at the future of the Air Force; Chief Master Sergeant Slavens! I hope you'll have time for us ordinary folks when you're at the top looking down... I know it's a ways off, but your future is inevitable...

Way to go Dave! I know all about the crazy amount of studying that needs to be done. I was just awarded my 7 level for Fighter Aircraft Maintenance Craftsman (2A373) in September. This is the second time I've had to do it since I took an 11 year break in service and had to start back at 3 level in 05.

Now, do you have your course 09 done yet? :wink:

I'm taking a break from all the studying and holding off on the course 09 for now.

Congratulations man. :clapping:

No course 9 until I make MSgt.

Thank you all very too.

Guys, you are looking at the future of the Air Force; Chief Master Sergeant Slavens! I hope you'll have time for us ordinary folks when you're at the top looking down... I know it's a ways off, but your future is inevitable...

Thanks Ken but that wont happen. I am getting out at 20. Its getting too hard for the wife and I to be together as it is now. She will make SGM, they are grooming her for it. I got 3 years and some change until I retire. One of us needs to get out so the kids can have some stabilization. So the logical choice was me since she is advancing way faster than I am. I do appreciate the sentiment. Its funny looking at that though.....Chief Master Sergeant Slavens, because that is my dad.

Hey Super Dave,

Congrats man! Quite the milestone my friend! I would have said something eariler...but I'm in computer hell right now.

FastCargo

Am I the only one that thought this was going to be about a kidney stone? :wink:

I know people that get out all the time, well before their 20, for the same reason as you--too hard to have both parents on active duty. In one case it was obvious, as he was enlisted but she's an officer. Besides, he's making 2x more now in the private sector than as a MSGT. Don't sweat it.

Thanks Ken but that wont happen. I am getting out at 20. Its getting too hard for the wife and I to be together as it is now. She will make SGM, they are grooming her for it. I got 3 years and some change until I retire. One of us needs to get out so the kids can have some stabilization. So the logical choice was me since she is advancing way faster than I am. I do appreciate the sentiment. Its funny looking at that though.....Chief Master Sergeant Slavens, because that is my dad.

IMHO you have the right idea....

My wife and I made the concious decision 25 years ago (geez..... that sounds like a long time) to have one of us hold down a career and one of us watch over the kids. We may not have as big a house or as fancy a car as my peers but we appear to have reasonably well adjusted kids that are now pursuing their own ambitions somewhat successfully.

My wife worked in day care for years and saw way too many "power" parents that obvious could not or would not take the time necessary with their children.

I realize it is hard these days to make it without both parents working but sometimes we need to take a very hard look at what we consider to be the definition of "making it." How many of our parents had more than one TV (not to mention computers)?

Sorry. I'm preaching.

Good luck, Dave, to you and your wife.

No course 9 until I make MSgt.

Thank you all very too.

I thought you had to pass course 9 to make MSgt. :dntknw: