Sign in to follow this  
Murphy'S

The Official Sept/Oct Patch Thread

Using XP.Already try in Win 95 and Win 98/ME modes.Doens´t work anyway.

I can´t understand.

Put the editor in your windows/system folder and make a short cut to your desktop. That will fix your problem. I had the same issue until I did that.

Put the editor in your windows/system folder and make a short cut to your desktop. That will fix your problem. I had the same issue until I did that.

Roger.I´ll give a try.Thanks.

Guest pfunkmusik

What are we supposed to be doing to close canopies?

pfunk

When I click Open, the program close itself.

And I have run compatibility mode.

If you mean the weapon editor.exe icon that should be in your weapons folder,it will just flicker when you click on it.This means it has saved....although there may be a few weapons missing depending on what package you have,which case you will need to edit,ive just learnt to do this myself!!

Edited by jayo

in the data of the plane add // in front of canopy

like this

//[Canopy]

SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE

DeploymentMethod=AUTOMATIC_SPEED

Setting[1].Angle=30.0

Setting[1].DeployValue=15.0

Setting[1].RetractValue=10.0

MaxDeflection=30.0

MinDeflection=0.0

ControlRate=2.0

AnimationID=2

it will disable the canopy system

in the data of the plane add // in front of canopy

like this

//[Canopy]

SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE

DeploymentMethod=AUTOMATIC_SPEED

Setting[1].Angle=30.0

Setting[1].DeployValue=15.0

Setting[1].RetractValue=10.0

MaxDeflection=30.0

MinDeflection=0.0

ControlRate=2.0

AnimationID=2

it will disable the canopy system

Or, alternatively you can make it open manually.

[Canopy]

SystemType=ANIMATION

InputName=ANIMATION_10

DeploymentMethod=MANUAL

AnimationTime=6.0

AnimationID=2

Thanks, Dave.

You gave me the tip that I needed to make it work.I would never figure out without your help.

Last dumb question:the weapons pack have hundreds of weapons.Is it necessary to add one by one?

I've been pulling hair on this one for a long time. I tried Canadair's fix.....

[HeightOffset]

LowDetailMesh=-1.0

WaterMesh=0.8

.... and this diminished the flickering, but didn't remove it. Out of curiosity I opened the new GermanyCE_data.ini and started comparing. I found this.....

in the troublesome terrain

[TerrainMesh]

TextureThreshold=0.80

LowDetailMeshThreshold=0.50

MedDetailMeshThreshold=0.30

TileToHeightGridRatio=4

RenderMeshVertexCount=4096

RenderMeshIndexCount=6144

SolidObjectVertexCount=4096

SolidObjectIndexCount=6144

AlphaObjectVertexCount=2048 <======here

AlphaObjectIndexCount=3072 <======and here

And the new GermanyCE_data.ini

[TerrainMesh]

TextureThreshold=0.80

TileToHeightGridRatio=4

AlphaObjectVertexCount=4096 <======change to this

AlphaObjectIndexCount=6144 <======change to this

So far for me this has solved the flickering in 3 different terrains and two installs used in conjunction with Canadair's height offset change.

I've been pulling hair on this one for a long time. I tried Canadair's fix.....

[HeightOffset]

LowDetailMesh=-1.0

WaterMesh=0.8

.... and this diminished the flickering, but didn't remove it. Out of curiosity I opened the new GermanyCE_data.ini and started comparing. I found this.....

in the troublesome terrain

[TerrainMesh]

TextureThreshold=0.80

TileToHeightGridRatio=4

AlphaObjectVertexCount=2048 <======here

AlphaObjectIndexCount=3072 <======and here

And the new GermanyCE_data.ini

[TerrainMesh]

TextureThreshold=0.80

TileToHeightGridRatio=4

AlphaObjectVertexCount=4096 <======change to this

AlphaObjectIndexCount=6144 <======change to this

So far for me this has solved the flickering in 3 different terrains and two installs used in conjunction with Canadair's height offset change.

In which terrain did it work drdoyo? and does it solve that coastline effect seen in my pictures?

We've discussed this at great lenght in one of the WoI threads (stickied somewhere around here). Basic consesus: don't patch you WW2 installs of WoE/WoV.

Now that is depressing. . . :sorry:

Prior to those changes in both WOI and WOE I've had flickering in Iceland2015, Formosa Straights, and Greece (was the worst but with some other problems once I placed my favorite water shader for the Med). I can't say for sure the coastlines are fixed, but It didn't seem as bad for me. *DISCLAIMER HERE, Not being a terrain guru I'm guessing* the coastline issue might be an elevation issue, or render order issue, or even an overpowering lighting/shader effect. I'm just grabbing at straws though on the coastlines.

I must apologise in advance for being probably the umpteenth person to call in about this, but here goes:

Can somebody PLEASE point me in the right direction regarding the Jan 08MF Weapons Pack add-on?

I've followed all the instructions in the other messages on this subject to the letter and have even

installed the Feb 08 Weapon Editor.

My newly patched , freshly installed WOE has no weapons whatsoever and at this rate I'm thinking

of throwing rocks at MiGs as they fly by me!

BTW, where's the original WEAPONDATA.INI file located? I've opened the OBJECTDATA.CAT file in the Objects

folder and it's not there. I've checked more than a few times. Could this be part of my problem, I wonder? :dntknw:

I can now use normal "ThirdWire" bright blue sky at low altitude, and slowly transition to Oxcart Blue or "Lexx" :haha: blue at high altitudes.

80,000 feet with the HighAlt data poasted above. Notice the "horizon colour" defined band can be made to turn from standard white haze at sea level, to a bright blue at high altitude. This band drops away as you gain altitude, and becomes very thin, and really looks like the atmosphere's edge when looking at it from near space. Nice Patch.

gallery_6973_124_17519.jpg

gallery_6973_124_18174.jpg

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

Alright, I've finished migrating my merged install in SFP1 to the new WOE patch as a big merged hybrid install like FC.

Essentially everything works, but I'm noticing some inconsistent anomalies.

Some addon terrains I'm exploding on runway, I'm sure ini edits can fix that shortly. Mostly in older terrains like the southwestern US terrain or the likes.

Migrating green hell over worked just fine, but the tileset + trees for GermanyCE are a bit off. The Trees all seem to have squarish borders on some sides, as if the TGA was upside down or the uvw mapping was screwed up.

Some effects like certain afterburners aren't showing up.

Also, inexplicably, some aircraft textures simply aren't displaying, like on the F-15E, solid white. The nozzle and decal textures work, but not the main ones. (resolution came to mind, but I set things to unlimited but no change)

You guys are driving me crazy. I've been traveling for work all week and haven't got to set up my new installs with the new patch yet!!!!

Yes, I agree, it's disheartening.

Patch advantages:

Enhanced AI performance.

A good thing in my book. BUT ... remember the game is designed for jets, not our beloved prop job. (ie: a aircraft with a pilot that thinks he's sooooo hot, that had to put a fan in front of him, to cool him down)

Patch Dis-advantages:

200+ aircraft need new flight models to make use of the enhanced aerodynamic parameters

With only 2 or 3 really knowledgeable folks around that do FM, the odds of having our birds tweeked out the way they should be is, well...astronomically small.

It saddens me a great deal, having been one of few (and for a LOOOOOONG time the only) folks spending waaay to much time skinning and building mods for us prop-heads.

I'd live to see 'repaired' FMs for all the birds...but I'm holding out little hope. Hence, the 'don't patch them yet' philosophy.

Needless tosay, I DO have a single, all inclusive WW2 install of WoI, just for testing purposes, doncha know :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

My wingmen,even red crown go silent on me.But I dont think its a game issue.Are there any Flightengine tweaks I can make to get rid of this.Gets rather quiet sometimes!

This happened on the Aug patch, on a custom campaign during a suprise attack,i figured my comp couldnt take it, but it happened in the Golan Stalemate to this morning. I re-installed.Will check again.

Yeah real quiet.But its kinda weird because its working fine on the first install which ive dedicated to the 67-73 era.

So Im going put back the stock Speech folder;lets see if that works. Up up and away.

Its an intermittent problem.

No luck...I give up- any suggestions;Im pretty desperate now!

Edited by Stick

ultra: it's in the Objects.cat. It's always been there. Should be about a 1/3 the way down, after all the decal tgas. It's in all caps, so look carefully for WEAPONSDATA.INI.

----------------------

Another thing about the randomly generated planes, is it uses the decals associated with the skin, even down to nose arts:

parked-plane_nose-art.jpg

Now THAT'S cool!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but all my NAV lights are inop. F6 i can't see them yet when i came in to land today i went to tower cam and could see the lights on my MF F-16.

Nav & landing lights are working fine for me, in all aircraft, and in all views.

Yes, I agree, it's disheartening.

Patch advantages:

Enhanced AI performance.

A good thing in my book. BUT ... remember the game is designed for jets, not our beloved prop job. (ie: a aircraft with a pilot that thinks he's sooooo hot, that had to put a fan in front of him, to cool him down)

Patch Dis-advantages:

200+ aircraft need new flight models to make use of the enhanced aerodynamic parameters

With only 2 or 3 really knowledgeable folks around that do FM, the odds of having our birds tweeked out the way they should be is, well...astronomically small.

It saddens me a great deal, having been one of few (and for a LOOOOOONG time the only) folks spending waaay to much time skinning and building mods for us prop-heads.

I'd live to see 'repaired' FMs for all the birds...but I'm holding out little hope. Hence, the 'don't patch them yet' philosophy.

Needless tosay, I DO have a single, all inclusive WW2 install of WoI, just for testing purposes, doncha know :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

I feel the same way, since the patch I have decided not to add any props for now, although TK's next installment will have props (P-51) and hopefully FM supporting props. I'm keeping my fingers crossed

So far the fix that malibu43 pointed to has been working on all the planes that I have applied it to. At the moment im only working on the ETO American and German planes but their all working fine to this point. There may be hope after all.

As far as the FM's go, I actually like the way the props fly now. They have a tighter feel to them, less manuverable, stalls seem more like the real thing. Stall recovery in a P-47 is pretty straight forward but takes some alt. But the FW's are a real

b!tch (snap, spin, splat). Always before, the props just had a "wierd" feel to them. They seem alot better now.

Anyway I am still testing but things are looking up at the moment.

And Thanks for the help malibu43 :good:

My wingmen,even red crown go silent on me.But I dont think its a game issue.Are there any Flightengine tweaks I can make to get rid of this.Gets rather quiet sometimes!

This happened on the Aug patch, on a custom campaign during a suprise attack,i figured my comp couldnt take it, but it happened in the Golan Stalemate to this morning. I re-installed.Will check again.

Yeah real quiet.But its kinda weird because its working fine on the first install which ive dedicated to the 67-73 era.

So Im going put back the stock Speech folder;lets see if that works. Up up and away.

Its an intermittent problem.

No luck...I give up- any suggestions;Im pretty desperate now!

Red Crown seems as before to me - sounds like something maybe screwed - If you have added Mods in do they have old ini files? that could be one problem if the gome is now missing some of the new changes it needs.

Alright, I've finished migrating my merged install in SFP1 to the new WOE patch as a big merged hybrid install like FC.

Essentially everything works, but I'm noticing some inconsistent anomalies.

Some addon terrains I'm exploding on runway, I'm sure ini edits can fix that shortly. Mostly in older terrains like the southwestern US terrain or the likes.

Migrating green hell over worked just fine, but the tileset + trees for GermanyCE are a bit off. The Trees all seem to have squarish borders on some sides, as if the TGA was upside down or the uvw mapping was screwed up.

Some effects like certain afterburners aren't showing up.

Also, inexplicably, some aircraft textures simply aren't displaying, like on the F-15E, solid white. The nozzle and decal textures work, but not the main ones. (resolution came to mind, but I set things to unlimited but no change)

No idea on the runway thing

Try downloading the greenhell and terrain again and installing.

Afterburners not showing up - means the thing you need isnt in the "effects" folder normally. look in the jets data.ini and go to the engines section to see what it needs.

Check the F-15 to see if it has a skin and whether its the right skin for that model - sounds like some files may be missing or in the wrong place.

The patch is great. now when ever I try to do some mud movin there are ALWAYS Migs waiting and closing from the rear :blink: I'm in my rhino and it is tough going just trying to get to the target!