Heres the thing, i was in a PC/9 and was flying over my recon area, and next thing you know i am being engaged by about 8 migs. So, im like ok, what can i do, ive got no ammo, no missiles, and im in a aerobatics aircraft. So i thought ill do a few tricks to see if i could get any to crash into the ground, i messed around with my wingman who was being chased by a mig so i told him to rejoin with me and i flew around trying to get him to foolow me. It worked, whilst getting my wingman to try joining me at different altitudes i managed to get 4 migs to crash, but then, i noticed that my wingman had just been shot down :shok: So, now i was on my own and i still had 4 other migs after me. I lasted about 5 more mins then got shot down myself....

Anyone else taken down the enemy by out skilling them in aerial maneuvers? Tell me your story's

Yah, I've been chased by Red Air, the fun part in the ANW map is to really get deep in the mountains. They sometimes follow and you can hear a crash allowing you to get out of there when realistically you're meat if you turn around and engage.

I've driven the AI in general into the ground several times. Often they will do dumb things like that. The other dumb thing they do is ever so often when you get on their tail they will bob up and down with the nose and cut the AB on and off. makes them a sitting duck. I never understood what they were trying to do.

I scared a Flogger into the ground :suicide::haha:

Flying the F-14A as much as I do, I like to keep the fight in the weeds (<5k feet) and get as slow as possible as fast as tactically possible (usually <200kts). As a result, there's plenty of times that the enemy aircraft run outta speed, then nose down to gain speed and just crash into the ground. It has also happenes if I'm on their tail and they're trying to accelerate to escape; they'll nose down in burner and crash.

I fly the F-16A and C alot and a tactic i have developed if i get jumped and i'm outta ammo is to roll inverted and skim the deck at around 50ft and as fast as i can go. The AI does not like to go that low so they tend to dive on you when they attack,Several times this has caused the AI to lawndart. Its tricky because everything is reversed and one little distraction and your dead, but it has worked and let me escape. I really don't know if going inverted helps, but it sure adds to the thrill!

It was not on TW sims, but this was the best ACM kill i ever made. It was a console sim, multiplayer. I was flying an F-5E and my

fellow was on a Mirage 2000C. We were about to merge, i just look at the hill over wich we were gonna merge, had an stupid idea wich

turned on to reality. We are about to merge, i dive below him, and as his altitude was ok over sea level, he tried to make an

split S, but he didn´t notice the hill below him, ground was closer than expected and ... :blowup: i spent the remainder of the eve laughing

at him

Now, everytime he braggs on any exploit, i just say "watch the hill" :biggrin:

Edited by macelena

I've downed 4 MiGs in a PC9 simply by flying at top speed 100 feet off the ground, then when a MiG lines me up I wait 'till it gets into gun range, then reef into a high-G break turn. THe MiG either tries to follow me, stalls and crashes or goes back up for another try.

Flying low and slow over allied AAA sites works well for getting rid of MiGs too.

Maneuver kills are pretty common in this sim. I'll get a MiG-21 in a turn fight with me, which gradually gets lower. He'll keep pulling and bleed off his speed and will usually crash while trying to evade.

During ODS, an EF-111 Spark 'Vark crew got a maneuver kill on an Iraqi Mirage F.1 when it ran into the ground chasing them.

Additionally, then Capt. "Rico" Rodriguez scored a maneuver kill on a Iraqi Fulcrum when it plowed into the desert running from his F-15.

-S

Yup, making the Bad Guys CFIT is VERY cool!!!

wrench

kevin stein

In a Mi-35 Heli with 8 others and about 5 Mig 21s, I tried to do what you did when 10 F4D Phantoms and iunno how many F8 Crusaders came. Outcome? Rape. We didn't stand a chance, the Helis shot down a few, but the migs were useless and the last one fled or something.

2zf04ci.jpg

One funny fact if you played on easy: got a gun kill against 2 Su-33 (sim) in a Rhino over Libya (they overshot me who was doing 69ft), and completed armed recon mission also with guns alone. :biggrin:

Edited by New Guy

Get the AI near the ground and manoeuvre kills are almost a certainty - still at least they do crash in this sim - in F4 I don't think ive seen one enemy AI jet hit the ground.

Downed a couple of MiG 17's in a Tiger Moth......

Hou doe,

Derk :victory:

Made 8 F-4E hitting the ground while flying the MiG-17F. Its a AI problem, not a problem of the planes.

I've had manuver kills, but not of the enemy.

I'm currently doing a tour flying Intruders in Rolling Thunder and must have some of the most inept pilots in the whole US Navy. In 39 missions so far we've lost 5 aircraft. One to ground fire and no less than four via crashing. An early mission was the worst, within 2 minutes of beginning the attack my entire flight was gone. My wingman was lost to AAA and #3 and #4 crashed.

Just yesterday another went into a bomb run, released weapons and promptly flew into the ground!

Not an aerobatic kill as such but I was just flying a gunless Firebar (Yak-28P) with all my missiles gone and went shooting past an A-4C who then tried to shoot me down. I pulled up and cut the power and he just collided into me - hitting my starboard wing which remained intact whilst taking out half of his port wing. Whilst admiring all this I got popped by an F-4D :no: .

I was in a Draken, chasing a mig-17. I was out of missiles, lined up for a gun kill, squeezed the trigger, and the gun jammed. I was a little bit frustrated at that time and somehow I thought it seemed a good idea to ram him. The next time he turned I turned inside his turn, slightly below him, and since my turn was not as tight as his I slammed into him. Went a little bit fast to see exactly what happened but I hit his left wing with what I think was the underside of my planes nose, about where the nose gear door is. The stress apparently broke his wing off at the base while my plane remained mostly intact. He spiraled to the ground with no left wing left at all and I returned to base with a small scratch in the paint. Not quite an aerobatic kill either I guess but in the spirit of the post above mine. *highfives Spinners*

I was in a Draken, chasing a mig-17. I was out of missiles, lined up for a gun kill, squeezed the trigger, and the gun jammed. I was a little bit frustrated at that time and somehow I thought it seemed a good idea to ram him. The next time he turned I turned inside his turn, slightly below him, and since my turn was not as tight as his I slammed into him. Went a little bit fast to see exactly what happened but I hit his left wing with what I think was the underside of my planes nose, about where the nose gear door is. The stress apparently broke his wing off at the base while my plane remained mostly intact. He spiraled to the ground with no left wing left at all and I returned to base with a small scratch in the paint. Not quite an aerobatic kill either I guess but in the spirit of the post above mine. *highfives Spinners*

I tried to do that when I jammed my gun, and used all my missles. First time it went fine, took out his right wing completely and took very little damage to the center of my plane. I was being kinda cocky and decided to try it again, but when I hit him I guess he suddenly turned or something and took out my left wing, spiraled to the ground and crashed.