Yea, pretty much...way too many variants and WAY too many numbers (573???)...

I would disagree slightly with the assessment of the B-70 as a viable weps platform there Spinners. I think it could have been fiscally more optimized assuming that A) the B-52 was retired completely and B) the B-1 would have never been developed. The weaknesses of course would be that each B-70 could not have carried as many ALCMs as a B-52 could (the internal bay is smaller), and of course the aircraft would only have been medium to high bombers. The only way you could have compensated for this was to retain the FB-111s and/or even the B-58 as your low level penetrators. Also, the B-70 couldn't have done anything in the Vietnam War until the very end when the first PGMs arrived.

Ultimately, assuming a war was never fought, the B-70A would definitely have been only good for SIOP from inception until about the mid-90s. The RS-70B of course would have been better, but it's survival over a dedicated IADS would be questionable (there is some debate as to how effective SAMs would have been against a Mach 3+ target at 80000+ feet). However, once, the use of JDAMs became wide spread, along with the migration back to med/high altitude bombing (everyone can afford AAA, but not everyone can afford big-ass SAMs), the B-70/RS-70 would have come back into it's own element as a standoff PGM platform.

It's all debatable because none of it happened...it's too bad though.

FC

A VFA-2 and a No. 1 Squadron head south to Charikar for a joint CAS mission in support of operations in Afghanistan. Returning after a successful mission.

post-5735-086273100 1290826200.jpg

post-5735-039565400 1290826293.jpg

Just been reading about the guy that really did this.......

post-841-032557800 1290875497.jpg

:grin:

• Like 1

zoom, whoosh .... zipping by my friendly neighbors, to annoy the bad neighbors, next door

wrench

kevin stein

• Like 1

ADLAF-102A08.jpg

Idea by Sony Tuckson

rpm's provided by marcel dassault spinning in his grave!:lol:

with your work on the TSR2's and the B-70/ RS-70's in the works sounds like a photo op for NATO or SAC bomb comp set in the 70's or early 80's.

Edited by daddyairplanes

zoom, whoosh .... zipping by my friendly neighbors, to annoy the bad neighbors, next door

wrench

kevin stein

And what terrain is this wrench?

One that hasn't been seen in a llloooooooooooooong time, being totall reworked.

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

If you really want to get 'what-if', check out this website:

http://tbo.wikidot.com/front-door

I

FC

wow............... spent a couple hours readin thru the site.............. verrrrrrrrrrrryyyy interesting and a big mind@#%$. love the great missle massacre though! and the aircraft and nations described, big time what if land

RAFHAWKFG203.jpg

BAe Systems Hawk FG.2 - No.16 Squadron, Operation Herrick, Afghanistan, 2011

RAFHAWKT1A01JPG.jpg

BAe Systems Hawk T.1A - No.79 Squadron, No.1 Tactical Weapons Unit, Royal Air Force, 1983

No Voodo as far as i know. Just pure luck :drinks:

Edited by xclusiv8

RAFHAWKFG203.jpg

BAe Systems Hawk FG.2 - No.16 Squadron, Operation Herrick, Afghanistan, 2011

Lovely skin there for the Hawk... and at this rate thats all the RAF are going to have left flying...

Is there some voodoo you guys perform to eliminate this unsightliness?

you guys see the report in wikileaks about the USAF's active visual cloaking ? a pic was included lookin suspiciously like GermanyCE:rofl:

That's it ravenclaw_007, that... is to me the Screenshot Of The Year, seriously man great one!

Another strike in Afghanistan, and while I'm not a complete fan of Ace Combat, I do like the artwork, and this is based off of a What If I found on DeviantART, "Razgriz's Ghost" F/A-18E

post-5735-042797600 1291080019.jpg

post-5735-042111400 1291080039.jpg

ravenclaw that is sweeeeeeeet!

heres my ametuer hour adapting the old Arkansas ANG skin to the short nose Phantoms, F-4D_78 in this case

for contrast some skins i've been playin with since afghanistan last year

still workin on them compared to you guys i foften feel like the kid with the box of crayons workin next to picasso!

LanceR A & C

Edited by Soulfreak