Sign in to follow this  
DanW

SF2 expansion 2 teaser and mission editor teaser

i'd like the mission editor to allow carriers too but i don't think it will initially. it is being set up primarily for SF2E. if not on release maybe in a patch

Now I might buy SF2...:cool:

Wait, won't a different land base allow creation of player-flyable transfer and transport missions? At least transfer. Imagine getting jumped by MiGs with only fuel tanks as main defence weapon.

Wonder if planes can be set to takeoff from cariers in the mission bldr?

I'm also thinking in carriers as selectable start bases. IIRC TK added the features of the new games after some days to the old games, so maybe we will be able to design good missions from carriers in Vietnam, Dhimar, Black Sea... WOW!!

I'm already thinking in German Navy anti-ship missions with the F104.

Never mind the Mission Editor.....

LIGHTNINGS!!

• Like 1

LIGHTNINGS!!

Never mind the Lightnings, look at the detail on Flora!! Bump! Rivets! Ribs!

Never mind the Lightnings, look at the detail on Flora!! Bump! Rivets! Ribs!

:rofl::lol::rofl::lol:

DX10 is a thing of beauty....

wrench

kevin stein

• Like 1

Outstanding looks like I now have to get a new PC with Win7 and all that Jazz... As to the Mission editor now thats not what I was expecting... For one I am happy as I never could get on with the 3rd party missions editors... so Thanks in advance...

So 2 Weeks ??? :rofl:

TK working on SF:Tomcat so I think that carrier-home base feature will be in editor.

Again, I am very excited about the idea of the stock game having a built in editor, but my perspective on where it ranks versus other "major tangible game changes" is just a bit different than yours.

I suppose that should have been "new major game feature" - The other new features we had were the the ability to look at medals awarded, and save missions - both relatively minor.

Most changes have been (much needed) improvements on existing features (3D models/graphics/AI/Avionics):

anyway if you look herehttp://combatace.com/topic/56091-whats-new-in-the-sf2-series/page__pid__432037?do=findComment&comment=432037

This mission editor could be a massive step in the right direction and totally changes the way anyone can now play the games. It could also be a feature that will bring others to the SF2 world.

Hope it will be easy to add MOD theatres to the editor. The black sea region, the incoming Korea and Indo-Pak together with Indonesia (Harrier Jump Jet anyone?) will be a real blast.

SE

The current two mission editors are not user friendly and are loaded with bugs for use in SF2. You are getting cockpits in some new planes, they just might not be pits you were looking for. This mission editor is a massive step for extending the life of this series.

That's great. I was just wondering a couple of weeks ago if there would be any updated for SF2 mission editors coming out, nice to see this.

Never ever have i felt so speechless...... Wow... uhm... woow

Edited by xclusiv8

I hope people have not missed the Pics on Facebook where its shown we are getting more Hunters to fly?

45066_10150257952465203_187224385202_14252402_6406704_n.jpg

Edited by JonathanRL

BTW, did I miss something or one of the recent patches has made HVAR an A-A weapon in addition to A-G role? Foreshadowing rockets for intercept?

nope,that has always been the case, and rocket pods were selectable for A2A in early SFP1 versions too

Ah... Oh, well. Back to waiting for the ME!

nope,that has always been the case, and rocket pods were selectable for A2A in early SFP1 versions too

And the AI will even use them...poorly unfortunately.

FC