I just edit the targets.ini from Rends and his magnific terrain to add targets like hawk and bloodhound bateries, change airbase names to match with NF5.... I hope it wil be fine...

Hans:

You'll also need to add the new bases that NF5 contains, add the highway strip airfields, merge both TYPES.INIs into a single combined INI, and add all the unique files from NF5 to the new terrain. It's not a simple, straightforward process.

I would prefer that folks simply have some patience and wait until we can do a proper job of it, as I cannot support an NF5 install that's using a Frankenstein terrain of unknown provenance.

Rends:

You wrote:

The only drawback is that you can't switch terrains ingame.

Exactly. Which is why I recommended setting up an alternate terrain that's differently named -- so that you can seamlessly switch between two versions of the same terrain in-game without have to exist and do a re-naming switcheroo. I actually have four different versions of the GermanyCE terrain installed, and I can switch between any of them at will.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

Hans:

You'll also need to add the new bases that NF5 contains, add the highway strip airfields, merge both TYPES.INIs into a single combined INI, and add all the unique files from NF5 to the new terrain. It's not a simple, straightforward process.

I would prefer that folks simply have some patience and wait until we can do a proper job of it, as I cannot support an NF5 install that's using a Frankenstein terrain of unknown provenance.

Rends:

You wrote:

Exactly. Which is why I recommended setting up an alternate terrain that's differently named -- so that you can seamlessly switch between two versions of the same terrain in-game without have to exist and do a re-naming switcheroo. I actually have four different versions of the GermanyCE terrain installed, and I can switch between any of them at will.

Eric Howes

I made it, time to test

Here is a modified set of Air Offensive entries that can be added for both Friendly and Enemy sides in any of the SF2E campaigns.  My goal was to incorporate the items that Rends added, as well as make the campaign offensives more closely resemble how I imagine something would play out in real life (targeting things like airfields and comm centers early on, then progressing to supplies and supply chain infrastructure later).

AirOffensive[001].Primary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY,TOWER,HANGAR
AirOffensive[001].Secondary=FUEL_STORAGE,AMMO_STORAGE

AirOffensive[002].Primary=COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR,COMMAND_BUILDING
AirOffensive[002].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY,TOWER,HANGAR

AirOffensive[003].Primary=BRIDGE,OIL_REFINERY,WEAPON_FACTORY
AirOffensive[003].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY,TOWER,HANGAR,WAREHOUSE

AirOffensive[004].Primary=COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR,COMMAND_BUILDING
AirOffensive[004].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY,TOWER,HANGAR

AirOffensive[005].Primary=POWER_PLANT,OIL_REFINERY
AirOffensive[005].Secondary=BRIDGE,WAREHOUSE,AMMO_STORAGE,FUEL_STORAGE

AirOffensive[006].Primary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY,TOWER,HANGAR
AirOffensive[006].Secondary=BRIDGE,WAREHOUSE,AMMO_STORAGE,FUEL_STORAGE

AirOffensive[007].Primary=BRIDGE
AirOffensive[007].Secondary=FUEL_STORAGE,WAREHOUSE,AMMO_STORAGE,POWER_PLANT,OIL_REFINERY

AirOffensive[008].Primary=WAREHOUSE,AMMO_STORAGE
AirOffensive[008].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY,TOWER,HANGAR,POWER_PLANT,OIL_REFINERY

AirOffensive[009].Primary=COMM_BUILDING,EW_RADAR,COMMAND_BUILDING
AirOffensive[009].Secondary=BRIDGE,FUEL_STORAGE,LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY,TOWER,HANGAR,POWER_PLANT,OIL_REFINERY

AirOffensive[010].Primary=ANY
AirOffensive[010].Secondary=ANY

Please give these a try and let me know how they play out!  Only by lots of people testing and providing feedback will improvements like this work.  ie - We need to play all the way through a campaign, preferably more than once, and also with different types of units (A/A, A/G, CAS, mix, etc...) to get a feel for the balance of target/mission  types.

I'm curious to see if players get too many missions striking runways (those aren't the most exciting).  Maybe I should reduce the number of those.... 

Edited by malibu43

3 days out and no complaints?

Does everything works fine?

Could need some more feedback.

Works fine ATM, nothing to complain.

It's going to be perfect when merged with NATO fighters 5 mod

Everything great here, good FPS, great targets and immersion! Thanks so far!

Yesterday I got two CTD's on the same position on the Winter map.

The faulting module was terainengine.dll.

It was around Cuxhaven / Nordholz when flying from over land to water.

I'll try to reproduce the fault again when I get home.

I'm getting good FPS and no problems at all. Trying both sides ATM.

only had time to try it once but had no issues other than i was so busy looking at the beautiful terrain i crashed.

Windows XP =CTD

WinXP? Wonder how you get the game running on XP at all.

Yesterday I got two CTD's on the same position on the Winter map.

The faulting module was terainengine.dll.

It was around Cuxhaven / Nordholz when flying from over land to water.

I'll try to reproduce the fault again when I get home.

Sounds wiered. Any ships there?

Here's a little issue for you m8, something a little weird happening with the large tower blocks, not a big deal really though.

post-841-0-91480000-1395950696_thumb.jpg

post-841-0-71071500-1395950677_thumb.jpg

Hmm,

Maybe one of the terrain gurus can shed some lights here.

The buildings wasn't changed by me.

that's a shadow issue caused by running at Unlimited. It's a know issue with TOD objects

Superb! It is resource intensive, but one must expect that with this series and that level of detail.

After the new terrain install, I got two CTD's.  The first was with Ravenclaw's F-4E and the second was with the Buccaneer.  I deleted the new terrain install, and did a complete fresh terrain re-install.  The first mission was an attack with the Buccaneer on hardened aircraft hangars.  The program CTD'd after the strike, when returning to base.  Faulting module name in all three CTD's was TerrainEngine.dll.  I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, and the new Catalyst 14.3 Beta video drivers on a HD 7970 Radeon video card.   

i have no problems so far , Rafale , Mirage F1 , Buccaneer and F-4E´s working fine

i use Win7 64 bit , Nvidia GTX680 video card , Intel i7-2600K 3,40 GHz CPU , 16 MB ram

in fact i have more problems with the Anatolia terrain than with Rends GermanyCE ,  but one thing is clear most of this new Aircrafts and Terrains work only well on high end computers this is a price you have to pay for more high-res and high-detail

SF2 is really bad with larger data amounts and higher poly stuff, think it might be memory related? I too have big problems with Anatolia on my laptop..

Oh and Volker how do you run windows 7 on 16MEGAbytes of ram?  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Just kidding, couldnt resist.. Sorry

WinXP? Wonder how you get the game running on XP at all.

Sounds wiered. Any ships there?

All games runing except SFNA, thank´s

SF2 is really bad with larger data amounts and higher poly stuff, think it might be memory related? I too have big problems with Anatolia on my laptop..

Oh and Volker how do you run windows 7 on 16MEGAbytes of ram?  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Just kidding, couldnt resist.. Sorry

always this typos , i need some new glasses :lol:

building shadow prob may be a polys in the mesh or double sided selected...\i think its poly is reversed...had that on my model ...reversed poly cast reversed shadow...I flipped poly and it went away..

Looks good so far, Rends.

However, I did get a CTD while approaching my Armed Recon target.  I believe the target area was a border crossing (forget the name).  I'm not sure if the CTD was related to your terrain or not.  I can say that I can count my SF2 CTD's in the last 5 or 6 years on one hand, and your terrain is the only thing I've added lately.