A graphics error has occured last days and I'm taken pics like these

post-42558-0-36218900-1444164558_thumb.jpg

post-42558-0-63478500-1444164573_thumb.jpg

post-42558-0-39584900-1444164594_thumb.jpg

Graphics card drivers are updated. Any idea of what is goiong on?

Thanks

A graphics error has occured last days and I'm taken pics like these

Graphics card drivers are updated. Any idea of what is goiong on?

Yeah, graphics card drivers are the problem.  Many have posted similar threads around here, the latest nVidia drivers (I assume you have nVidia, if ATI then I have no clue) are creating these issues, you'd better revert to old ones until the nVidia guys fix all this mess.  I have an old GeForce 310, and I'm forced to stay with 341.81 drivers, old ones but working, after all I don't play new games these days.

you get that after you warp ???? I get floating stringers in front of the cockpit,,after I warp with other than stock aircraft,,. I'd defrag the game first and take a stock plane up an see if the problem persists

nVidia card, 2GB Video RAM or less, with 355.xx drivers...

Two temporary fixes depending on whether you can apply the first or not :

1) Roll back to older 353.xx drivers

or

2) If you have a GTX 950 and/or Windows 10, remove any custom shader (keep them somewhere for when the problem gets fixed), set ObjectsFade=TRUE in your OPTIONS.INI and if/when the bug occurs nonetheless, go to map view for a few seconds, get out of it and it will be fixed in most cases

nVidia graphics drivers is the issue. Last known good driver I am using is 353.62 (for both win7 and win10)....1st time I saw the issue was at 355.60...I tried the latest one 355.98 and it still has problems for me.

=v=

Edited by viper63a

same as this thread

http://combatace.com/topic/87007-flashing-textures-anyone-have-a-cure/page-2

As of now some NVIDIA Control Panel Tweaking can minimize the problems but if you want a more solid solution. it seems like rolling back to atleast 353.62 is the best option. You'll lose some of the fixes and optimization for newer titles but if your not playing any of them. not a problem.

Edited by saisran

nVidia graphics drivers is the issue. Last known good driver I am using is 353.62 (for both win7 and win10)....1st time I saw the issue was at 355.60...I tried the latest one 355.98 and it still has problems for me.

=v=

Same here.

Seems that 355.XX is the cause for many graphics errors as I saw similar topics posted recently. Installed 353.62 and errors fixed.

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=9&p=60728#p60728

Sorry to hear you're having driver problem, technology marches on forward at relentless speed... None of our current games are officially supported on Windows 8 and 10, but they do seem to run fine on other graphics cards, so hopefully nVidia will fix their drivers soon. In the meantime, you can try adjusting the in-game graphics options (turn off shadows, etc) to see if that improves things.

Support from TK might not be forthcoming

Anyone tried these 358.50 7.10.15?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Gents break SF-2 code and lets make (those of us who are able to do so) our Patches and upgrades (like daidalos for Il-2).

Strikefiighter serie is now like an abandonware.

Tk prefers refound costumer money (!) but don't  put anymore his hands on his games ...

He sells his games for Win 7 but if You run them like my on Win 7 thy don't work.

I don't write what I think about him but you know my mind.

:angry:

Gents!

It seems I have the fix.

In options.ini

Set this:

ForceDX9=TRUE

I tried in SF-2NA using F-14 on carrier where bugs were at their best. No bug!

I run NVIDIA 960 Win 7 358.50 drivers

Hurraj!

Edited by paulopanz
  • Like 2

nVidia released driver 358.50. Looks good so far on my Wiin7 64. Can I get a confirm from someone  else?

Edited by viper63a

Feedback on 358.50 - better but still not perfect. My plane is not exploding, but the terrain is still flickering....rolling back again!

Gents!

It seems I have the fix.

In options.ini

Set this:

ForceDX9=TRUE

Indeed 355.XX / 358.50 errors were fixed by enabling ForceDX9 but graphics quality was decreased.

Feedback on 358.50 - better but still not perfect. My plane is not exploding, but the terrain is still flickering....rolling back again!

No improvement in 358.50. Same problems as 355.XX

353.62 seems the best choise so far.

• Thanks 1

I guess it's the same problem here, initially thought it was due ambitious graphic settings, but it seam's not.

In my system, several SF2 titles, Windows 7 64bit, both driver versions (355.98 and 358.50) have artifacts and glitches.

http://combatace.com/topic/87382-artifacts-and-glitches-related-with-options-graphics-settings/

Edited by Boresight

i got this issue with the tomcat

http://postimg.org/image/61lsop1nr/

i capture it but this is not the only thing it turns to white.. lot of the casing around the gauges are also turning in to white for some seconds..

i run the nvidia 355.98..

also when i start using this driver i get some times kernell32 issue's or that the driver stopped working and screen turns to black even on desktop

i guess my vid card is too old for this driver or something like that

but i play also arma 3 with the same driver and it got no issue's even my vid is not getting hotter then 50 degrees celsius with graphics on high.

Edited by Gulfwarfighter

nVidia released driver 358.50. Looks good so far on my Wiin7 64. Can I get a confirm from someone  else?

i run win 7 64 and i installed 358.50 and it fixed the problem with things turning in to white.

i did not force it to be directx9

viper63a said.. that i did not have too do.. only installing nvidia 358.50 was good enough

Gents!

It seems I have the fix.

In options.ini

Set this:

ForceDX9=TRUE

Edited by Gulfwarfighter

It's strange.

Some game sessions are ok, others bugged ...

And settings are Always the same noon,clear etc.

Press "M" sometimes helps, sometimes not.

So these new drivers are better ......... but not always.

:gamer:

Edited by paulopanz

It's strange.

Some game sessions are ok, others bugged ...

And settings are Always the same noon,clear etc.

Press "M" sometimes helps, sometimes not.

So these new drivers are better ......... but not always.

:gamer:

thats true, games are behind on drivers or otherway around most of the time.

i dont like to install a beta driver to get a game running..

the 355.89 or something did crash alot <not the game but in general>

i get most of the time with this driver a kernell32 issue and nvidia needs to restart it self.

now with the 358.50 i did not have those kernell32 issue's yet.

for that thing its a good update but for sf2 i only tested instant action thing

and it fixed my issue of turning some black stuff in to white

Edited by Gulfwarfighter

i get most of the time with this driver a kernell32 issue and nvidia needs to restart it self.

Hello.

Why not use the excelent 353.62 version ?

I've had problems with precisely both versions you mention - solved with the 353.62.

Edited by Boresight

Hello.

Why not use the excelent 353.62 version ?

I've had problems with precisely both versions you mention - solved with the 353.62.

well because i it sold my problems...and i mention only 1 driver with problems... that was the 355.xx

so i think you confused my message with somebody else..

now i use the 358.50 its all good now... so it works perfectly even with my other games

this is what i said : on 17 oct on 14:46

-------

i think its about what kind of vid card you use..

and i use besides that nvidia inspector  that forces things that nvidia control panel can't.

the 353.62 generates alot of kernell32 problems and the 355.xx genereted a few less kernell32 problems and

358.50 dont generates kernell32 at all..

so explain that to me...

what i mean with kernell32 problem is that even when idle  my screen turns to black and after that i get a message saying

nvidia driver has crashed and is restarting again. this mean i need to restart games when i am playing when it acure during gaming..

that sucks when you gaming in multiplayer

Edited by Gulfwarfighter

guys this simulator is build faulty , lagging , jamming , stuttering , slowing & graphics faults are build in this game , and almost each and every system faces issues 

Edited by PJB
i forgot replies
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, PJB said:

guys this simulator is build faulty , lagging , jamming , stuttering , slowing & graphics faults are build in this game , and almost each and every system faces issues 

I very doubt that friend. What system do you have ? What OS do you use? Could you tell me on components what you've got ?

1 hour ago, PJB said:

most harsh words about SF2 in 12 years...  ?

1 hour ago, PJB said:

and we are whining about it every day here. that's why this forum was brought to life. 

Edited by yakarov79

yawn

Indeed, let's NOT give us system specs, in as much detail as possible, to assess the situation and render aid