-
Posts
13,473 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
64
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Downloads
Store
Everything posted by Flanker562
-
How to add diffrent weapons
Flanker562 replied to Deepeshsingh's topic in Mods & Skinning Discussion
You can't increase the number of hatches without the source model. You'd have to modify the model to add more hatches (don't see how, not much room on that plane in the first place). As for modifying weapons go to your mod folder and go to Objects/Weapons and find the folder and edit the ini of the weapon. SF2 limits things by diameter. I think the Knowledge Base has an article on weapon types (I could be thinking SF1 but may be wrong) so you can fiddle with that to do more stuff with your plane. Bear in mind the 3D object of the weapon will clip and probably not look right. I mean I see where you're going with all of this and frankly don't see any point. That's the beauty of some planes, you have to work with what you got and that's it. -
Since I won't be updating the Super Hornet for a while (unless Brain32 responds) here are the adjusted fuel entries (kg instead of lbs): F/A-18E (all versions): [FuselageFuelCell1] SystemType=FUEL_TANK FuelTankID=1 MaxFuelAmount=1080 SelfHealing=TRUE FireSuppression=TRUE MinExtentPosition=-0.32, 2.636,0.293 MaxExtentPosition= 0.32, 1.686,-0.426 [FuselageFuelCell2] SystemType=FUEL_TANK FuelTankID=2 MaxFuelAmount=1180 SelfHealing=TRUE FireSuppression=TRUE MinExtentPosition=-0.32, 0.203,0.633 MaxExtentPosition= 0.32, 1.335,-0.598 [FuselageFuelCell3] SystemType=FUEL_TANK FuelTankID=3 MaxFuelAmount=1189 SelfHealing=TRUE FireSuppression=TRUE MinExtentPosition=-0.32,0.114,0.633 MaxExtentPosition= 0.32,-0.975,-0.541 [FuselageFuelCell4] SystemType=FUEL_TANK FuelTankID=4 MaxFuelAmount=1715 SelfHealing=TRUE FireSuppression=TRUE MinExtentPosition=-1.095,-1.188,-0.541 MaxExtentPosition= 1.095,-2.626, 0.159 [RightWingFuelCell1] SystemType=FUEL_TANK FuelTankID=5 MaxFuelAmount=753 SelfHealing=TRUE FireSuppression=TRUE MinExtentPosition=1.664,-1.263,-0.071 MaxExtentPosition=4.017,-3.024,-0.246 [LeftWingFuelCell1] SystemType=FUEL_TANK FuelTankID=6 MaxFuelAmount=753 SelfHealing=TRUE FireSuppression=TRUE MinExtentPosition=-1.664,-1.263,-0.071 MaxExtentPosition=-4.017,-3.024,-0.246 F/A-18F and EA-18G: [FuselageFuelCell1] SystemType=FUEL_TANK FuelTankID=1 MaxFuelAmount=653 SelfHealing=TRUE FireSuppression=TRUE MinExtentPosition=-0.32, 2.636,0.293 MaxExtentPosition= 0.32, 1.686,-0.426 [FuselageFuelCell2] SystemType=FUEL_TANK FuelTankID=2 MaxFuelAmount=1180 SelfHealing=TRUE FireSuppression=TRUE MinExtentPosition=-0.32, 0.203,0.633 MaxExtentPosition= 0.32, 1.335,-0.598 [FuselageFuelCell3] SystemType=FUEL_TANK FuelTankID=3 MaxFuelAmount=1189 SelfHealing=TRUE FireSuppression=TRUE MinExtentPosition=-0.32,0.114,0.633 MaxExtentPosition= 0.32,-0.975,-0.541 [FuselageFuelCell4] SystemType=FUEL_TANK FuelTankID=4 MaxFuelAmount=1715 SelfHealing=TRUE FireSuppression=TRUE MinExtentPosition=-1.095,-1.188,-0.541 MaxExtentPosition= 1.095,-2.626, 0.159 [RightWingFuelCell1] SystemType=FUEL_TANK FuelTankID=5 MaxFuelAmount=753 SelfHealing=TRUE FireSuppression=TRUE MinExtentPosition=1.664,-1.263,-0.071 MaxExtentPosition=4.017,-3.024,-0.246 [LeftWingFuelCell1] SystemType=FUEL_TANK FuelTankID=6 MaxFuelAmount=753 SelfHealing=TRUE FireSuppression=TRUE MinExtentPosition=-1.664,-1.263,-0.071 MaxExtentPosition=-4.017,-3.024,-0.246 alexis99 brought this up so I figured I'd put up my updated values. Looking at the weights it looks pretty much solid so sorry about that confusion. Landing speeds should be lower and therefore correct for the aircraft.
-
Anyone knows how to takeoff from a aircraft cariier
Flanker562 replied to Deepeshsingh's topic in Mods & Skinning Discussion
Yeah you can put a carrier on the sea of other maps. I have a custom map with it on the SoCal map and routinely take off from a carrier. -
Crashes when using Draken in mercenary campaign
Flanker562 replied to MechaStalin's topic in General Discussion
I initially played Flanker 1 (Eagle Dynamics) with keyboard and didn't do much real flying. it was hard flying keyboard. Then I got a stick with Flanker 2 and been flying stick since. I'm sure a gamepad would be weird for me to play that's for sure. But a stick opens up more possibilities and is better IMHO. -
Crashes when using Draken in mercenary campaign
Flanker562 replied to MechaStalin's topic in General Discussion
Yeah I don't think the gamepad was on TK's mind when he made the controls or setup. Star Citizen if I recall has gamepad support but that's been around for a long time too (in various forms). I think you're just one of those rare people who use the gamepad for this game and don't think there will be gamepad support for the controls. I mean I could be wrong with a future patch (whenever that happens) but in it's current form gamepad functionality (as with what you have) is not supported and you get what you get with yours of course. -
Crashes when using Draken in mercenary campaign
Flanker562 replied to MechaStalin's topic in General Discussion
That's why you should get a joystick. I vaguely remember the button and key commands for my stick but I have enough buttons to operate the aircraft as needed. You're going to have to use the keyboard commands to manipulate your radar. -
No problem!
-
Yeah you can extract the contents into a mod folder and not have to make a new CAT file. It makes modding easy as you don't have to worry about messing up the game as you can just remove the file that's not working and the game will then work. And you also have the source files to modify that didn't work. Makes modding pretty good.
-
-
No problem!
-
There is not any rearm/refuel option available and I don't fly with wingmen so I can't help with that.
-
That's in the Knowledge Base (which has other topics that is sure to answer a question or two), but a workable guide for converting SF1 planes to SF2. I think (not sure) that the Mi-24 is available at the A-Team Skunkworks (or DAT site) site for what you're looking for. That's as far as I know where to get that. And helos aren't supported in Strike Fighters, just people make a usable FM for them.
-
You're right, I didn't know that.
-
Yeah American tanks never used a ranging machine gun to my knowledge as technology was quite advancing pretty rapidly. Matter of fact the M1 Abrams revolutionized tank warfare by being able to shoot on the move, or was the first tank to do so.
-
I can't get my aircraft to break up from G forces
Flanker562 replied to hamburgerjet's topic in Mods & Skinning Discussion
I saw somewhere that 9Gs is the max for an average pilot so I go by that measure for jets and the like. Pretty much if my screen goes black I relax the stick and fly from there. -
I can't get my aircraft to break up from G forces
Flanker562 replied to hamburgerjet's topic in Mods & Skinning Discussion
Ahh I don't push my jet that hard to break it. I fly normal FM so that's probably why I never broke a wing or the jet. -
I can't get my aircraft to break up from G forces
Flanker562 replied to hamburgerjet's topic in Mods & Skinning Discussion
I don't think there is a breaking point in SF2. I've heard of people doing 14g SAM evasion maneuvers and not complaining of breaking. Could be a hardcoded thing as nobody has apparently done it before. -
Only problem I had with Windows 10 was the new laptop I had to run the game as an Administrator. Other than that it runs fine.
-
SkateZilla did a deck with Super Hornets parked on it. CVN 75 Harry S Truman
-
I'm kinda surprised that TK didn't implement an IRST on the NA Tomcat. It would have been cool to have that implemented for missions
-
So far i haven't seen anything by him the last time I was there (yesterday).
