RNF-111B02.jpg

Merlin FRS.3 of 899 Naval Air Squadron, Operation Desert Storm, 1991.

To The Vark Team - Good work on the F-111B

CZ MFN on a Trainingflight

Reminds me of those recon missions in Aero Elite. Nice old looking radar set too.

Edited by GrinchWSLG

Was having fun with photoshop

Wow! Really nice!

Was having fun with photoshop

Let´s hear the bling :biggrin:

Not the most exciting of screenshots..but wanted to post just to say WOW..!!..must admit i was a harrier virgin as they didnt really appeal to me,but though ill give it a shot..the cockpit is amazing,but i have just had an awsom mission in one..and have fallen in lust with it.!!

img00001-2.jpg

xx v xx

Along the same lines as my last screenie

Another early call for the marine corps.....

post-26949-1233767778_thumb.jpg

:biggrin: Man I'll never get tired looking at the F-4

Sky Shot

gallery_1103_265_46052.jpg

Done with Starfighter2's NF-104A, Max altitude 162,332 feet. Found out something interesting after around 120k feet the external camera looses track of you and your internal camera has you down between your legs.

Did this as part of my familiarization (god I know I screwed up that spelling) flights to get back into the swing of things after having a dead computer for a long time, that, and I've got a thing for trying to see just how high I can get a bird to go.

Noise complaints?! I'll give you something to complain about!

img00053.jpg?t=1233777916

Sky Shot

Done with Starfighter2's NF-104A, Max altitude 162,332 feet. Found out something interesting after around 120k feet the external camera looses track of you and your internal camera has you down between your legs.

Did this as part of my familiarization (god I know I screwed up that spelling) flights to get back into the swing of things after having a dead computer for a long time, that, and I've got a thing for trying to see just how high I can get a bird to go.

There have been at least 2 threads about just how high you can fly. With a heavily modded jet you can literally leave the game map and come back down. Space isn't simulated though.

I messed around with the NF104 and got to around 300k feet. After that it got boring.

on a related note, is there a way to get the data overlay to display true airspeed instead of IAS? That would come in handy when you get really high up because 20knots IAS at 300k doesn't tell me much.

Well, this was a comms facility. What it was definitely not was an Iranian comms facility. No sir, we did not hit a comms facility on the wrong side of the border. There was no CIA officer at the briefing telling us one pass and then scoot. Nope. :ninja:

gallery_10543_38_155277.jpg

on a related note, is there a way to get the data overlay to display true airspeed instead of IAS? That would come in handy when you get really high up because 20knots IAS at 300k doesn't tell me much.

watch the Mach indicator in cockpit, that will tell you how fast your going.

I'd also like to dispute that 'space' isn't simulated because once you get beyond a certain altitude your pretty much along for the ride, controls have very little effectiveness at those altitudes, basically that max-altitude flight I performed was a balistic flight I went up and near enough came straight back down.

Well the air keeps getting thinner, but I don't think it ever totally disappears. Otherwise there would be a point where jet engines would stop working in the game, not matter how high you set the values in the data.ini.

F-111B getting a bolter while conducting a feasibility study for the USN

Lt. Roy Buehler (from VF-33, we put 6 guys thru test pilot school in 2 ½ years) flew the carrier suitability trails. No one who flew the a/c was allowed to comment on the a/c's performance until the report was published. We almost got this one. Roy attempted a close-in wave-off. From the normal power setting for an approach (about 88% on each engine), the a/c landed, rolled out to the end of the wire, and the engines had not gotten to 100%. Not a real sharp performer. - Joel Jaudon

Edited by colmack

Crop circles???

Wrench

kevin stein

F-111B getting a bolter while conducting a feasibility study for the USN

Lt. Roy Buehler (from VF-33, we put 6 guys thru test pilot school in 2 ½ years) flew the carrier suitability trails. No one who flew the a/c was allowed to comment on the a/c's performance until the report was published. We almost got this one. Roy attempted a close-in wave-off. From the normal power setting for an approach (about 88% on each engine), the a/c landed, rolled out to the end of the wire, and the engines had not gotten to 100%. Not a real sharp performer. - Joel Jaudon

Agreed, I've never been on a deck but that would scare me!

Wrench you gotta write a tutorial on doing that stuff, and really man... too much time on your hands... You thinks you can add more stuff to the SoCal terrain, like more SAM sites in the valleys or what not? It seems... "barren" in some places. I could take the time but not sure on where you're at (if you're going to improve the terrain) to submit them or to do that.

Not the most exciting of screenshots..but wanted to post just to say WOW..!!..must admit i was a harrier virgin as they didnt really appeal to me,but though ill give it a shot..the cockpit is amazing,but i have just had an awsom mission in one..and have fallen in lust with it.!!

The only thing that's lacking on that bird (or the Plus) if you don't edit the ini, is a jammer. I flew it in the Afghan map and that reflex to hit the jammer was too instinctive and you're like "crap no jammer!" :smile:

post-5735-1233786593_thumb.jpg

"Vulture, getting ready to strike." (WIP)