Sign in to follow this  
fallenphoenix1986

I have a conffesion to make

Ok the idea of this is to admit to the dumbest thing youve done while flying in game.

Last night I installed the Su-27 in WOI and decided to try it out in single mission. Expecting to go up against an Typhoon, F-15 or F-16 I was rather disapointed to find that the gods of the mission generator paired my flight off against a flight of Swifts...

I got two with AA-10's then closed to get my ass shot out from under me.... sneaky b******s were hauling Aim-9L's....

moral of the story never underestimate anyone or asume anything! :blush:

whos next?

Craig

I got shot down by a Mig-15, in an F-15...head on pass, took cannon right in the face.

flying the Mig-25 in a fighter sweep against Alaska my wingman was shot down by an F-4. Wildcat.........

flying the Mig-25 in a fighter sweep against Alaska my wingman was shot down by an F-4. Wildcat.........
:blink: Now I'm really speechless

It could make a good sticky couldn't it?

Dumbass Dogfighters

It could make a good sticky couldn't it?

Dumbass Dogfighters

Spinners got shot down by a Polish Thud. :lol:

I ones flew a mission with an American friend and after mission accomplished headed back to base.

I landed first and stopped on runway and this wingie forgot to hit the brakes and ran up my tailpipe and we both went to heaven. :rofl:

Iraqi Hawker Hunter had me head on - i zoomed in to see which way he was heading only to get a close up of his green laser fire :)

Also the MiG-17F superfighter makes mincemeat of my F-15 wingmen in 1976 now.

Fricken wingman shot me down and then shot down the Egyptian F-16 I was chasing. I laughed for like 5 minutes cause it was that funny

my wingman and myself was once shot down by an an12 cub on a reconnaissance. Both of us chased him and got nailed by the ahem... stinger air mines he had coming from the tail gunner

:shok::blink::no::rofl::haha::tongue::clapping::dntknw:

Did you absorb him with your intake?

my wingman and myself was once shot down by an an12 cub on a reconnaissance. Both of us chased him and got nailed by the ahem... stinger air mines he had coming from the tail gunner

I have my own version of that one...

While flying F15s, my wingman got shotdown by a Blindfire tailgunner and so i got ticked off and decided to get revenge. Closed in for a gun run, missed, tried again and was promptly shot down.

I wonder what kind of medal that Gunner got? :blink:

I have my own version of that one...

While flying F15s, my wingman got shotdown by a Blindfire tailgunner and so i got ticked off and decided to get revenge. Closed in for a gun run, missed, tried again and was promptly shot down.

I wonder what kind of medal that Gunner got? :blink:

I took ate the rear end of a Soviet Bomber's gun once or twice, then there was the Geni incident, lets not bring up the Geni incident...

...In WoV my flight of Crusaders had been tasked with Flak Suppression... I F-8'd and had a look-see to get the lay of the land, all the time in a shallow dive while fumble-fingers the pilot (ah, that's me...) tried to figure out the right attack angle. Of course, the black puffs are all over the place, and we really shouldn't be hanging around... I finally decide it's the right time and place to roll in, and as usual, I order wingie to to "attack my target", which, in best brown-shoe tradition he does.

Of course, in all my wandering around trying to decide what to do, wingie had been trying to stay in position. When I ordered him to attack he dropped his Mk.82's... right on top of me... it actually took me a while to figure out what had happened, until I finally discovered in the mission log that I'd been taken out by a Mk.82 while at around 5000ft!

Then of course, there's the mission I flew last night, that included a nasty monster known only as "Cumulo Granite"... good ole fumble fingers managed to fly right smack dab into the middle of a very, very large rock... how do you spell target fixation ? :blink:

SB

"lets not bring up the Geni incident... "

:biggrin::rofl::haha::clapping::crazy::grin::yahoo:

:salute:

When the F-22 came out, the first time I took her up, I got shot down by a J-7.

I once attempted to dive bomb a bridge with a tactical nuke. (And, I missed.)

Dive bombing a bridge + nuke = world/0?

I got killed by an F-4B, in a dogfight, flying a MiG-17F...

LoL, I got the buisness end of a La-15 Fantail while in an angles fight flying the Tornado IDS, i was a little ashamed before, but now I feel better, thanx ya'll. :smile:

I got killed by the explosion of my own bomb in an A-7. talk about low flying.

I got killed by the explosion of my own bomb in an A-7. talk about low flying.

I have done that a lot, but with A-4s. Good thing they are deltas, I have been able to fly many a crippled A-4 back home just because the wing is so big.