Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Overall bug list for SF2

If it's a mod-related bug thread, won't it fit more in the modders' subforum?

No....because its general discussion on problems with the series in relations to mods which this forum is visted more than others.....altogether.

heres one main game related..... anyone else notice that with the mission editor, object years go out the window? Meteor F8 can go on an anti ship mission against CVA-63 or anti tank against T-72's all of which I am sure were not available in 1956! it's cool to place what you want but within a little reason here:yikes:

With the SF2 version of widesky, I had a real bright bloomed horizon on earlier version of SF2: Israel. Haven't tested the mod on the current version of SF2: Israel though.

Falcon

Aren't we putting the cart before the horse here?

From TK's point of view his obligation is give his customers a nice 'lite' game/sim that just happens to be modular by design and, in it's SF2 guise, encourages us to build up to a quad-merged install with the Expansion Packs. Sweet!

So shouldn't we be making/adapting mods to suit the above rather than expect TK to adapt or reverse-engineer his releases for our mods?

Only the other day a few peeps here were getting rather rabid about someone living in the past with SF1 and explaining that the game is evolving and that it was a good thing to move forward with it! What's the difference?

I can follow your point Spinners. But without the high quality mods people have done for TK's stuff. The series would in my eyes have been dead years ago.. So in my eyes TK and we walks hand in hand. Both TK and we benefit from the changes that have been done. If stuff gets broken everytime he adds something new to the game. Then he will loose the support from the modders first then his customers. Yes we adapt, but rebuild all stuff every time he do another patch is not fun at all. And btw input and feedback from the customers ain't bad or? In the end he lives of our money

when runnning Unlimited shadows, the shadows for all structrues (stock as well as add-ons) are displaced several 'building lengths' from the object itself. Does not do this (or to a much lesser extent) on High or below.

I'll post a screenie of it as soon as I grab one.

the pit1 shadow creates the 'tractor' beam effect (as seen on older aircraft)

wrench

kevin stein

I agree with Spinners here, while it pisses me off big style every time a patch comes out & screws summat up, it's really our own fault, it's not up to TK to downgrade [for want of a better term] his sim, it's up to us to keep up, after all most of the features he's implementing now are stuff that we [the modders] have asked for.

The longer he takes on the patch, the longer it is before we get the Tomcat sim.......god help us once that comes out.....LOL.

Just my thoughts.

Also, I think we are being a bit pessimistic of how healthy ThirdWire would be without mods.

Now, I'm not saying that TW would be as healthy with mods, but lets think about this a second.

What does TKs air combat sim series (I emphasize air combat, so XPlane and the MSFS series are out) offer? I want you to name any other current air combat series that offers what TK's sim offers out of the box.

When you start adding up the amount and specific aircraft TK sim's offer, you realize pretty quick that he's literally just about the only game in town if you want to fly and fight in a certain era with modern graphics.

Now, in the future, that could change certainly...time and technology march on.

But for now, I really challenge you to find another air combat sim that is as flexible in making and adding mods while offering several aircraft that no one else does.

FC

I don´t know if anyone else is experiencing this problem, but it happens in all of my installs (both 1st and 2nd gen):

The sound of the engine disappears if I spend too much time in the map, and comes back only when increasing or decreasing thrust

I don´t know if anyone else is experiencing this problem, but it happens in all of my installs (both 1st and 2nd gen):

The sound of the engine disappears if I spend too much time in the map, and comes back only when increasing or decreasing thrust

Actually, I think the disappearing sound in map mode is a feature. It does come back when you go back to any other view (at least in my install)...

FC

Since you mentioned sound... Does anyone have engine sound pitch reset to default on moving around in external cam and returning to the pit? Proper pitch is brought back by minor throttle input. That seems common with the map sound sticking in off state, although I haven't heard that one yet.

Well it looks like we can go round and round and round with this who needs who more. So what choices do we have? Quit bitching when a patch comes out and just adapt to any issues it might have (in addition to the good stuff he always adds to a patch) or quit making mods then there isn't a reason to complain. This thread was just an idea.

I know this sim has warts, what sim doesn't but I'm not stopping, I may take extended breaks but I always come. Some of you may choose to leave and I dont hold that against you. I understand, especially some of the old heads who have been here since 2002. I will readily admit as my stalker keeps reminding me, I don't have a life. I run the command post by day, take care of my family always, sleep, eat and s**t aviation....lather, rinse, repeat, lather, rinse, repeat....I don't really have anything else going on, so why not. Pathetic to some yes, but its my world and I have very little to complain about.

What Dave said. Seems someone need to finally mod him that pony :grin:

What Dave said. Seems someone need to finally mod him that pony :grin:

Here ya go, Dave:

anes-18.gif:rofl::lol:

(looks at Fubar's post, shocked runs away to his cave)

FOR THE LOVE OF G*D, WON'T SOME 3D GUY STEP UP AND MAKE US A FREEKING PONY ALREADY!!!!!

:drinks::rofl::lol:

wrench

kevin stein

Well it looks like we can go round and round and round with this who needs who more. So what choices do we have? Quit bitching when a patch comes out and just adapt to any issues it might have (in addition to the good stuff he always adds to a patch) or quit making mods then there isn't a reason to complain. This thread was just an idea.

I know this sim has warts, what sim doesn't but I'm not stopping, I may take extended breaks but I always come. Some of you may choose to leave and I dont hold that against you. I understand, especially some of the old heads who have been here since 2002. I will readily admit as my stalker keeps reminding me, I don't have a life. I run the command post by day, take care of my family always, sleep, eat and s**t aviation....lather, rinse, repeat, lather, rinse, repeat....I don't really have anything else going on, so why not. Pathetic to some yes, but its my world and I have very little to complain about.

I still think it's a good idea. But the list, so far, seems to really just be 1) clouds/trees issue, and 2) prop issues.

Those are the two that have the most impact on what's out there and require the most work to fix (or are not fixable in the trees' case).

PS - if we're going to add a 3rd item to the list, it should be "TK, please fix the sim so it runs on the highest graphics settings on my lowest of low end computers at 60 fps and add every aircraft from 1912 - 2011 and make the gameplay infinitely scalable from HAWX-like arcade to DCS Black Shark... and please include a flyable pony as well." :grin:

Edited by malibu43

FWIW, the map/fading sound thing isn't a bug or feature, it's just how it was designed. If you're in external view when you go to the map, wait a few minutes and then return to the external view, you'll see the view start in midair and "warp" to the plane.

Basically, when you go to map view your FPS view is taken "out/off of the plane" and you hang motionless in the air (kind of like if you watch a missile or airplane that detonates and then you're just floating over the terrain looking at nothing in particular) while the map view is overlayed on the screen, but you're actually still wherever you were in physical space on the map at the moment you hit map while the planes have moved on. When you exit the view, you warp back to whatever you were doing before. If you were just in cockpit view, the snap is pretty much instantaneous, but if you're in an external view you'll get to see a bit of the motion as you move back.

The fading is not the problem, it's the sticking of the sound in faded/idle pitch state even on return to pit that is one.

I still want a pony....

Forgot to mention...

some of the stock effects aren't working, in particular the smokestack effect, as seen on the stock Generatorbuilding, and added to other bits from The Factory Place. OTH, shipsmoke still works

wrench

kevin stein

By the way EVERYONE. this is an issue brought out do to the Exp2 addon and update 2010B. Aircraft Landing sideways

is do to "HasGearDownSetting=TRUE" not in the DATA.INI for the Rudder of Aircraft.

THIS IS A TEMP FIX and only till TK fixes whatever is causing it.

needs to be added to all Aircraft rudders as below:

[Rudder]

SystemType=CONTROL_SURFACE

InputName=YAW_CONTROL

ReverseInput=TRUE

MaxDeflection=10.0

MinDeflection=-10.0

CDdc=0.0080

Cydc=0.2437

Cldc=-0.016

Cndc=-0.0876

CldcAlphaTableNumData=15

CldcAlphaTableDeltaX=4.00

CldcAlphaTableStartX=-28.00

CldcAlphaTableData=-12.433,-10.883,-9.281,-7.632,-5.947,-4.233,-2.498,-0.751,1.000,2.746,4.478,6.189,7.870,9.512,11.108

CndcAlphaTableNumData=15

CndcAlphaTableDeltaX=4.00

CndcAlphaTableStartX=-28.00

CndcAlphaTableData=0.850,0.884,0.915,0.941,0.962,0.979,0.991,0.998,1.000,0.997,0.990,0.978,0.960,0.939,0.912

ControlRate=5.0

MaxControlSpeed=180

HasGearDownSetting=TRUE <--------------------------------------ADD TO ALL AIRCRAFT DATA.INI--------------------------------------

GearDownMaxDeflection= 8.0 <--------------------------------------ADD TO ALL AIRCRAFT DATA.INI--------------------------------------

GearDownMinDeflection=-8.0 <--------------------------------------ADD TO ALL AIRCRAFT DATA.INI--------------------------------------

ModelNodeName=Left_Rudder

ReverseModelOrientation=FALSE

As for the Hook Down on landing at Land Bases, that's a different issue.

Spectre8750

Edited by Spectre8750

To my understanding it's not simply mod-related, but more to little bugs that are visible in mods mostly, because mods usually touch and expands in areas stock game don't utilize that often (in his best Old Entish: trees)

Guy's I iam not a moder, I have SF2,SF2v,SF2E,SF2I, exp_1 and exp_2 all combined, I had no issue's till I down loaded EXP_2, so many issue's I deleated it and reinstaled

it back to June 10. So I would have to say its not your mods!!!:good: