Sign in to follow this  
rotarycrazy

Iran displays captured UAV

get shot down over a mid 80's air defense system

somebody need to do a bit more research on current Iranian capabilites, methinks

Something I think is strange is that is a completely different color to all the other RQ-170s I've seen...hmm

Iran has a very capable military, thanks to the US, China, N.Korea. They are a very capable country.

somebody need to do a bit more research on current Iranian capabilites, methinks

So even if the Iranian air defense is BETTER than mid 80's the people manning them are ill trained. I once flew to Iran when a pilot in the middle east, now i wasn't allowed off the airplane but didnt really want to, when you come in to land you would see a pack wild dogs running across the runway, the air traffic controling horrible, nothing impresses me about that country.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

So even if the Iranian air defense is BETTER than mid 80's the people manning them are ill trained. I once flew to Iran when a pilot in the middle east, now i wasn't allowed off the airplane but didnt really want to, when you come in to land you would see a pack wild dogs running across the runway, the air traffic controling horrible, nothing impresses me about that country.

Doesn't mean they don't have high end EW and integrated air defence systems.

One thing I don't get is why would they tilt their hand like this? If they do indeed have the capability to do this why admit to it? If I were Iranian I would want the capability to control an enemies aircraft a closely guarded secret so when the ball does drop and a shooting war kicks off I could turn their drones against them. If they do indeed have the capability, why have they not used it to capture more drones. I don't believe they have the ability to hack into the US drones. Unfortunatly, because of this incident we are going to spend billions of dollars repairing a percieved weakness, whether it exists or not. The fact that a almost intact RQ-170 literally fell into their hands is an intelligence a bonanza for our enemies. I'm sure all of Iran's closest buddies are having a nice long peek at it. The advanced computers and sensors falling into their hands is very unfortunate but the Iranian regime still needs to be watched closely.

Edited by Vampyre

About a month ago I read a story that stated that the US UAV fleet had been infected with a virus and the military was scrambling to get it under control and figure out what it was. Makes me wonder if this is related.

Edited by Icarus999

The remote controlling codes may have been jeopardized. Did you consider an US mole or an Iranian secret super-agent? Ever heard of Jamal Bondhar 007?

Edited by Wrench
post edited for content, as being unnecessary, unwarranted and inflamitory

No one here seems to think for a moment about some sort of electrical or engine failure? These kind of things can happen to any aircraft. From the cheapest to the most expensive one.

just my 2 cents.

And anyway a drone can be jammed even if it's hard since it use continuous command link via RF signals.

Its fake....they have images from above of it destroyed. The wing area is wrong too.

If they really did gain control of it remotely, or at a minimum cause it lose contact with base, they really need to boost the comsec on that thing.

Or stop making it in China :rofl:

Or stop making it in China :rofl:

Made by Mattel..... :lol:

Yes, looking at that video now it just feels wrong. It looks more like a low-budget Hollywood prop of a UAV.

So perhaps they'd built a mockup based on what they could learn off the internet, perhaps as a way to try and get a good RCS from it, and then we lose one to a glitch in their territory. Someone comes up with the idea of making a grand charade and claiming they have it intact instead and film this thing as "proof".

One DID crash (I've seen conflicting reports as to whether it was confirmed as a 170 or not), and it was admitted the Iranians got to it before a decision could be made on whether to try and retrieve or destroy it, but that doesn't mean it's intact.

funny how the color seems to match those of resin model parts...

I don't think they'd keep it that color if it was a fake. That screams obvious, but the CIA screams unconventional... In my mind it's real. It's mostly compromised and we surround those bastards. It's not problem to invade their airspace with manned and unmanned aircraft for strikes on their military might. They can't hide them all from NATO. These mother f***ers are on borrowed time.

I'm not a hawk, well usually, but I also don't feel like backing away from a fight. :boxing:

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

We'll get it back. They will have to take it completely apart so they can ship it back, also, they must examine it in detail, with aid from Chinese transportation safety experts, to ensure safety in shipping.

It's fake.....check out the inlet screen.

of course its real infidel swine! is rQ-one70 Zentinel, says so on 1/1 scale kitbox! even has real Sony guts! they will keep on display at Bombed Out AB for as long as like! :lol:

and mister CrazyhorseB34, is not trucker hat. Iran are a professional army :rofl:

Fake like Kardashian tits and ass jobs.