SF2 combined, and modded. Of all the aircraft I have tediously downloaded and flown, so far my favorite all around plane is the F-4D. I have no reason why this is, but whenever I use it I do well, and my squad does as too. I originally got the game for my 2 favorite (so I thought) planes, the F-100 and F-104, which I thought was going to be the focus of what was then (SF1), knowing that the F-4s would be the A list, but still awesome they would be. I find myself being massacred in Sabres unless I'm striking without mass air cover, and out manouvered in F-104s even with missles (AIM-9Bs, like throwin spears at roadrunners).

Anyway, F-4Ds, not the best Phantoms, but they seem to like me, how's by you?

post-2449-0-59068500-1359176493_thumb.jpg

F/A-18F Driver...

post-5735-0-50626500-1359178348_thumb.jpg

fat, lazy, old and unemployed??

oh..what am I in the SF2 world!! misread the idea!!

Mustang, methinks, or maybe Corsair (with Hellcat a close 3rd)

Don't really know yet.I think I do better than other aircraft with the Crusader though...

A-4 Scooter driver... its uncomplicated and is great fun to fly around in and occasionally drop bombs and shoot missiles from...

• Like 1

A-4 Scooter driver... its uncomplicated and is great fun to fly around in and occasionally drop bombs and shoot missiles from...

Same, especially earlier models, also Skyraiders and for later years A-10A*... I just love to blow stuff up!

*with unguided rockets and the gun rest of the plane is just attachement to, Mavs are tad too simplistic to my taste

• Like 1

Virtual Turkey, Turkey Beast and Super Turkey driver! HARRRRR! As a secondary, I'm fond of the Super Fox Scooter.

The Mirage IIIC is a lot of fun in the 60s - simple to use and fast.

• Like 1

If I've got my landlubber hat on then EE Lightnings, preffer the early models though I also prefer the Red-top over the Firestreak.

On the naval front Buccaneer for strike, Tomcat for anything else.

Craig

Phantom driver across the models. Do prefer 70's 80's era though. D_78 protects itself much better popping a Flogger in the face with a F model Sparrow then prosecuting the target with B model Mavericks. but doing alot of naval flying when i do stay focused on later skins/tga for the B/J/N and S......

Edited by daddyairplanes

I used to be a Mirage guy, but pretty much like daddyairplanes, i got used to the naval Phantoms, much fun to fly, specially since now i play in a laptop without joystick. The late 70s, being the "underdog" compared to the Tomcat, makes it only better.

MiGs, MiGs, MiGs and Sukhois, Yaks, well any soviet plane/helo will do :)

MiGs, MiGs, MiGs and Sukhois, Yaks, well any soviet plane/helo will do :)

ok then i change my post

any thing french does the job!

The F-4 family rocks my socks :air_kiss:

gallery_19311_669_51612.jpg

Also, an avid MiG fan to the core but that cockpit ergonomy.. blergh. The MiG-29 was the first that wasn't truly atrocious, and compare that to the F-16s bubble. Hmpf. Great plane, but if it just had more fuel.

Runners up include:

F-8 Crusader: Guns guns guns and 4 IRMs. Plus bombs, and lots fuel.

Mirage 3 and 5 series. Good, solid fighters

F-105 Thunderchief. Booombs.

MiG-19. Just love the looks of it. And its guns.

• Like 2

Generally, anything pre Desert Storm but especially the F-4 Phantom. I've never seen it as ugly!

Centuriion would be very interested in where you got that cool Dhimari desert camo on your F-4 from?

Al

I made it using Sundowners F-4 templates. The brown one is also based on Ravenclaw excellent Luftwaffe experimental camo. I also did an air superiority pattern. I guess I should release them sometime...

gallery_19311_669_61820.jpg

gallery_19311_669_186447.jpg

• Like 1

I made it using Sundowners F-4 templates. The brown one is also based on Ravenclaw excellent Luftwaffe experimental camo. I also did an air superiority pattern. I guess I should release them sometime...

gallery_19311_669_61820.jpg

gallery_19311_669_186447.jpg

please do so!

Many options here:

F-4E is a reliable aircraft and its ability of carrying heavy load of different weapons makes it suitable for many missions. However its limited maneuverability, is a vital disadvantage.

Mirages are very effective in air to air missions. Mirage IIIC can easily be among the top jet fighters (if not the best) of the 60s. Mirage 2000C/E can be a deadly threat if flying by experienced pilot. Mirage F.1C/E is also very effective but we should wait for the upcoming release.

Early Migs (15/17/19) are nice to fly but lack of missiles means insistent hunting. Mig-23 though can be a very dangerous opponent if using carefully its AA-7 missiles and that's what I like most on this aircraft. For Mig-25 and Su-27 we have no exclusive SF2 versions, so better wait when they come out.