Dave

To All My Friends Here at CombatAce

Fortify yourself with a flock of friends! There is always at least one who will understand, inspire, and give you the lift you may need at the time.

-George M. Adams

We're here for you Dave.

As for me all I can do is pray for you and your family.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the difficult and trying times that you and your family are going through, Dave.  For what it's worth all I can humbly say is that find the strength and solace in each other and  be grateful for what you have.  All these trials in life survived together will only make the bond stronger.  Wishing you and your loved one's the very best !

• Like 1

Dave, this terrible news only bring sadness, very  sadness in my heart. 

Dave, my thoughts and prayers are with You and Your family!

But nevertheless ,  You must keep hope , that your father-in law  many more years will be with you and your family. 

My people have sentence: "Shared joy(with your friends)   is double joy,  but shared sadness(with your friends)    is half a sadness"!

Dave ,You and Your family  must to believe in future!

• Like 1

Dave, I'm very saddened to hear of your family's struggles. You are all in our prayers and you have our support.

Andy

• Like 2

Dad has been in surgery since 0730. So far so good. 

• Like 1

Wife just called they are doing emergency surgery on my father in law here in about 30 mins. I don't have the details why but It isn't looking good.

It gets worse, he has a staph infection of the brain. They had to drain part of it before they wheeled him in. It was liquid infection.

not that I have done much but you are worth it Dave. hang in there and know that you and your family are in our prayers. I know you would be the first to help me if the situation is reversed.

what Matthew says, hold on there Dave and Sheila!! My thoughts are with you my friends!
  • Like 1

More prayers headed upstairs!

Remember what i said about the Docs, Dave. They know their shit and will fix it, i´m sure. 

Dad got out of surgery but will be on antibiotics for weeks . They had to take a piece of his skull. After the antibiotics he will need reconstructive surgery on his skull. Then after that he will go back into rehab, then maybe they can start the radiation therapy to zap that rest of the tumor. 

My heart goes out to him, you, and your family.

I saw a prgram and some scientist was talking about nano technology that uses bee venom or toxin or whatever the bees have. But the nano bots contain the bee venom and target the tumor and only the tumor and kills the tumor without need for radiation and chemicals that detroy the rest of the body. Because they're so freaking small they can go places where current technology cannot.I hope someday they employ such technoloy in the field.

I hope that things will continue to improve for all of you as you go through these turbulent times.

Hey it isn't a staph infection, it's mersa. My poor father in law can't catch a break.

prayers are being said, brother!

Well the infectious disease people come in and did a ton of tests and it was not mrsa. Just a severe staph infection. Antibiotics for 6 weeks but the good news is that he is up and more alert than he was after the 2nd surgery. After the 2nd surgery he was in a zombie like state. So we're thinking that the infection was in the drivers seat the whole time. Finally his zombie like a state was his doing. He gave himself the staph infection by touching his head where they had cracked him open. He never knew he was doing it in his sleep.

Crikey - lets hope things take a turn for the better from now on!

Thank God it was not MRSA!  That is really great news.  Hopefully this is the beginning of a positive trend of events.  Thoughts and prayers go out for you and your family, Dave.

My family's thoughts and prayers are with you.

Update, my father is law is terminal now. They are moving him so hospice and the removed the breathing tubes. Its a matter of time. I hope he goes quick, he has suffered enough. 

Damn...

My thoughts and prayers for you all.

prayers are with you and Sheila my friend.  lost my father to pancreatic cancer  9 years ago, it is damn tough watching your father go, esp if its a drawn out process.

Our toughts are with you and your family. Hope it ends soon so no one suffers more than now.