Dave

Robin Williams Found Dead!

Just saw the news the Special Report. They said he committed suicide. This info is like 2 minutes old. 

RIP

Gooooooooood-byyyyyyye Vietnaaaaam! That's right, I'm history... I'm outta here. I got the lucky ticket home, baby. Rollin, rollin, rollin'... keep them wagons rollin', rawhide! Yeah, that's right... the final Adrian Cronauer broadcast... and this one is brought to you by our friends at the Pentagon. Remember the people who brought you Korea? That's right, the U.S. Army. If it's being done correctly, here or abroad, it's probably not being done by the Army.

Was just coming to post this myself. Total bummer. To say he was a comedic genius falls short.

Edited by pcpilot

that much more laughter, has just left the world.

how sad...

Very sad this man made me laugh and cry in equal amounts... he touched the lives of millions and used laughter to do it... as well as being very open with his demon's may he be Resting in Peace... Orson has called Mork home... and left this world a poorer place...

In "Munchausen", he said

"I am, therefore you are", but he is no more

He made me laugh, but suicide, that only hurts the people left behind.

Horrible news to start the day! His Popeye face will be missed. Priceless, irreplaceable. Also remember his more serious characters in "Awakenings", "Good Will Hunting" or "Insomnia". Yet he won't make us cry half much as he had made us laugh, and that's a good reason to remember him as a great artist.

Damn, I still can't believe it. His role and acting in "Dead Poets Society" was fantastic to say the least. A great actor and comedian, we will miss him for sure.

RIP

I'm wondering if he was diagnosed with some kind of weird terminal illness.

He was severely depressed apparently...asphyxia...hope he didnt die in car using exhaust to kill himself...what  waste,he was so good ...sad day.

Must be horrible that he felt like that..RIP m8

Maybe because his TV show got cancelled? He's suffered from depression for a long time, hence his addictions going hand-in-hand with that, and what might be bearable for someone else may be suddenly unbearable for him.

I'm not surprised, but I'm quite saddened.

"This is Mork, signing off."

I've held back from replying to this post, as I somehow found myself at a loss for words.  In my time, I've personally known several people who have taken their own lives, and, for what?  It's hard to imagine someone who brought so much joy to people's lives, being so depressed that they can only see one way out.  So, I'll keep it simple: RIP Robin.

• Like 1

Loved him in toys. And I don't remember the movie title but he played a russian circus performer that wanted to defect. A very good performance.

Falcon

Loved him in toys. And I don't remember the movie title but he played a russian circus performer that wanted to defect. A very good performance.

Falcon

That would have been "Moscow on the Hudson".

That would have been "Moscow on the Hudson".

Ah ok. I remember one scene where he went to the store to get coffee. The way he gets confused by the different brands was very good. I always wondered if Robin talk to Russian immigrants bout their experiences.

RIP.

He became the Bob Hope of our generation. I never met him overseas, but from the guys who had, they said he was a class act and stayed to meet everyone who came up to say hello. Even when dog tired from travel and performing.